Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a response to my goodwill

tag
mikie209
Regular Contributor

Got a response to my goodwill

I got an e-mail response from my goodwill email to diversified consultants and this is what they are saying

"Items are not deleted at the credit bureau but updated to state the status"

"This is not something that we have full control of, we have angreement with our clients as well"

I asked them if they would do a one time goodwill adjustment and remove the account from the CRA.

I am currently talking with the lasy through e-mail, is there anything specific i can say that might sway her to remove it. Thanks

Just received another e-mail, this time from the V.P. of Compliance

"DCI will update the credit reports accordingly. However it would be a violation if our contracts with the consumer credit reporting agencies to request a deletion. Our contracts require that we only report true and accurate information. I apologize for any inconvenience"

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mikie209
Regular Contributor

Re: Got a response to my goodwill

Just updated what i got from the V.P. of compliances from DCI. Doesnt look like they want to remove the account. Any help?

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Got a response to my goodwill

No, it doesn't.  Sorry.  But they are correct that they do have an agreement with the CRAs to not delete based on payment alone.  That said, they can request a deletion and not have to disclose to the CRAs why they are deleting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.