Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a summons this morning

tag
corysti
Valued Member

Got a summons this morning

This morning at 6am I woke up to a man in the door to issue you me a summons for court on a 700 unpaid debt. I've been doing business with the law offices paying monthly and I thought It was automatically withdrawn but apparently that wasn't the case. My question is once they send a summons is there anything I can do to get them to cancel this? Can I see if I can start making payments again or just let it be.

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 517
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Re: Got a summons this morning

You should definitely settle this out of court. If your out of sol, you have a good defense. If not, 700 isn't much to settle out of court as the judgment would be a lot more. You definitely don't want a default judgement for ignoring the summons. Call them immediately.
Message 2 of 3
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a summons this morning

You dont want to go to court on this if its within SOL.  The court costs and fees will be greater than the amount you may owe.  I would contact the attorney listed on the summons and try to resolve it with them. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.