Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an awesome refund.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an awesome refund.

I talked to capital one a few days ago, mentioned I was in the Marine Corps; did this all online. Today I checked my bank account and i had about a 1300 credit posted to my account Smiley Very Happy. It seems they have refunded all my late fees, purchase finance charges, over limit fees, and it even seems they refunded my monthly fees. Anyway, if i'm getting a refund on all this, do you think they went through with what i asked and took care of my late payments on my credit report?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Got an awesome refund.

If they didn't shame on them!  Thank you for what you do and what you do is incredible.  To be of service for this country that I love so much. Everyone should find a way to thank the men and women who protect us and uphold  our constitution, our freedom.  Thank you!!!!!Heart

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 6
casmith1980
Established Contributor

what!?!?!!!  Capital One....the same Capital One that gives miniscule credit limits and cards that don't grow with people's credit worthiness? 

Congrats!!!  I hope for your sake they did delete everything Smiley Happy  (while you're at it, open a chat with them again and tell them i'm your friend and I need a CLI) LOL

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I talked to capital one a few days ago, mentioned I was in the Marine Corps; did this all online. Today I checked my bank account and i had about a 1300 credit posted to my account Smiley Very Happy. It seems they have refunded all my late fees, purchase finance charges, over limit fees, and it even seems they refunded my monthly fees. Anyway, if i'm getting a refund on all this, do you think they went through with what i asked and took care of my late payments on my credit report?

So, what exactly happened here ?  You were hit with a lot of fees & late pays whilst you were deployed and Cap1 decided just to give you a gigantic refund ?

Did they also agree to remove late pays from your credit report, and did they put any of this in writing ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly don't know w hat happend, i just checked one morning and bam 1300 dollars on my card, and still had 500 dollar credit limit. Called and said they were sending me a cheque. All i used was the live chat on the webpage also Smiley Happy. There was nothing guaranteed in writing, nothing lol.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked account this morning Smiley Happy  looks like it's on its way! Smiley Happy 

03/22/2012 CREDIT BALANCE REFUND Other $1,283.30

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.