Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for 2 secured cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for 2 secured cards

A couple years ago, I had gotten my credit score to 650 and I had a couple of capital one cards and a few others. Then life happened. My score went down to 490 and now it's 518. I'm so happy to be approved the secured discover card and the green dot secured card. Credit karma says that I will get approved for the Citibank secured card as well. I hope I am able to keep this up.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got approved for 2 secured cards

@Anonymous wrote:
A couple years ago, I had gotten my credit score to 650 and I had a couple of capital one cards and a few others. Then life happened. My score went down to 490 and now it's 518. I'm so happy to be approved the secured discover card and the green dot secured card. Credit karma says that I will get approved for the Citibank secured card as well. I hope I am able to keep this up.

Congrats medwar...    Discover is a good one with the cashback and match.   i just recently got one and a cap1 secured.    i would be careful of the credit karma odd of approval tho.  they are based on the fako score you get not your real fico that the decision is based on. I dont see why you wouldnt get a secured card tho, but everyones credit profile is different too.  

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some thinking, I should just keep the two that I already have. I will just keep discover and Green dot. Hopefully, i can successfully manage these cards
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My exact situation. I literally just opened the same two cards with nearly the same scores.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you as well. I am just happy to be given another chance with better cards. I don't want a primor card or first progress. I want cards with a name. I have 4 collections. A few years ago, I had more than that but I got a lot of them removed.
I wish everyone luck in their credit journey.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Green Dot Platinum Secured Card...Not Reporting After Several Months

The card was easy to get and I was able to fund it at Walmart. A nice feature is the monthly payment can also be paid at Walmart, so no need to mail a payment or set up a recurring one with your bank.

My problem is this…

I established this account with the sole purpose of using it to help restore my credit. I’ve been a card holder since April of this year and as of today, September 13th, they have yet to report my open account to any of the credit reporting agencies.

Several weeks ago I called customer service to complain. They instructed me to print and fax to them copies of the most recent reports from each of the reporting agencies showing no mention of my open Green Dot Platinum account. It’s been nearly 30 days since I did that. But so far, no change.

I’m hoping they’ll take care of it soon. I’ll update you if they do. I’ll also post an update if they don’t.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless the policy has changed, Green Dot charges $4.95 for in-store payments and reloads vs no fee for bank account or snail mail.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.