cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for Fingerhut FreshStart, how should I pay?

tag
Missy85
New Contributor

Re: Got approved for Fingerhut FreshStart, how should I pay?

Thank you, I'll wait and see.

Starting Score: 473
Current Score: 562
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks For Sharing..Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 18
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Just an FYI, I opened my fresh start account on 6/1, paid the required $30, paid on time 7/1, 8/1,9/1, and 10/1 - then paid it in full last week.   Today I logged in and saw the credit line was $250.  So, yes I paid 5 payments and paid it in full and it worked fine.   Not crazy about the limit, but it's a start.   Good luck.    By the way, I only charged $75 on the first charge.   You will notice on the Fresh Start there is NO credit limit on the page it's treated as an installment loan (which helps your credit score), when you pay it off and they give you a revolving account you will see a credit limit just like Whitneyy said.   I also hear that you get increases pretty regularly as well.  

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Message 13 of 18
Missy85
New Contributor

I received my email this morning I've graduated to a revolving account Smiley Happy !!!

I'm so excited because this is literally the only thing that I've been able to get approved for, next I will be getting a secured card and working on my baddies.

Thanks for your help!!!

Starting Score: 473
Current Score: 562
Goal Score: 680

Message 14 of 18
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@MortgageMinded wrote:

Just an FYI, I opened my fresh start account on 6/1, paid the required $30, paid on time 7/1, 8/1,9/1, and 10/1 - then paid it in full last week.   Today I logged in and saw the credit line was $250.  So, yes I paid 5 payments and paid it in full and it worked fine.   Not crazy about the limit, but it's a start.   Good luck.    By the way, I only charged $75 on the first charge.   You will notice on the Fresh Start there is NO credit limit on the page it's treated as an installment loan (which helps your credit score), when you pay it off and they give you a revolving account you will see a credit limit just like Whitneyy said.   I also hear that you get increases pretty regularly as well.  

CONGRATS! That's what happened to me too, I hated that increase, I'm waiting to see if I'm going to get a big CLI.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 15 of 18
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Missy85 wrote:

I received my email this morning I've graduated to a revolving account Smiley Happy !!!

I'm so excited because this is literally the only thing that I've been able to get approved for, next I will be getting a secured card and working on my baddies.

Thanks for your help!!!

CONGRATS! They helped me build and i got my secured card with Capital one and I continued working on my baddies. You can check out my journal for inspiration. Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made 6 small payments since my purchase on 3/27. Still a fresh start account. Do you think I will be waiting longer for it to turn into a revolving line?

@Whitneyy wrote:

DO NOT PAY IT ALL AT ONCE. 

You will NOT qualify for the new account. Make at least THREE payments of EXACTLY what they ask before you pay it in full to be upgraded. I did that and the installment loan was closed and the revolving line was opened. 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Whitneyy wrote:

DO NOT PAY IT ALL AT ONCE. 

You will NOT qualify for the new account. Make at least THREE payments of EXACTLY what they ask before you pay it in full to be upgraded. I did that and the installment loan was closed and the revolving line was opened. 

Nevermind. I applied under the fresh start application so I always assumed it was under this program. I got an update on my credit report a week ago and it showed that FingerHut was reporting as a charge account. I just spoke to a CSR and although I applied under the fresh start application, I was approved for a regulart account. Great news. I started at $500. Interested in seeing what my increase will look like when it happens. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.