Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got collection removed....hooray!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got collection removed....hooray!

Hi all.  Trying to get my score up to qualify for a mortgage.  Was sitting at 662, perfect history except two collections (both are paid off to the CA).  1 from comcast 2014 ($332) and 1 medical collection from 6 years ago ($1,200).  Called North American Credit Services last week regarding the medical collection.  Told them I'm trying to qualify for a mortatge, and this collection is from an unforseen medical issue that I did not anticipate.  Asked over the phone if they could stop reporting this and the agent agreed.  Checked credit karma this morning (which I use to monitor activity, not my score) and its been removed!  Success.  Now, how soon can I expect an increase in my score, if at all?  This collection was from 6 years ago so I am betting that the smaller collection from Comcast is affecting my score more sicne that is only 2 years ago.  What are you thoughts?  Will my score go up?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got collection removed....hooray!

Grats on the removal Smiley Happy

You may see some point gain but if it hadnt reported in 6 years its Fico impact was quite lowered. The biggest point gain is typically when you get the last derog removed.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:
Grats on the removal Smiley Happy

You may see some point gain but if it hadnt reported in 6 years its Fico impact was quite lowered. The biggest point gain is typically when you get the last derog removed.

thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is old but trying to get some data mining.

When they removed the $1,200 what was the impact of it to your score? how much point increased?

Compared to the $332 that's only 2 years old? Any input you have is greatly appreciated!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all.  Trying to get my score up to qualify for a mortgage.  Was sitting at 662, perfect history except two collections (both are paid off to the CA).  1 from comcast 2014 ($332) and 1 medical collection from 6 years ago ($1,200).  Called North American Credit Services last week regarding the medical collection.  Told them I'm trying to qualify for a mortatge, and this collection is from an unforseen medical issue that I did not anticipate.  Asked over the phone if they could stop reporting this and the agent agreed.  Checked credit karma this morning (which I use to monitor activity, not my score) and its been removed!  Success.  Now, how soon can I expect an increase in my score, if at all?  This collection was from 6 years ago so I am betting that the smaller collection from Comcast is affecting my score more sicne that is only 2 years ago.  What are you thoughts?  Will my score go up?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.