cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got credit, in the garden, PIF before statement or let post?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got credit, in the garden, PIF before statement or let post?

Good morning FicoForum!!

Ok, so beginning of March and with the help of the knowledge on here I have managed to estabilsh new trade lines even with existing old baddies on my report still.

I am parked in the garden (for the past week LOL) now that I have a good many lines to watch grow a history and as many soft CLIs as I can over the next 6 months or more before I launch my next round of quests.  During this time I will work on removing the remaining COs (faling off sequentially between now and Mar 16 anyway but plan to try and get rid of them aggressively) and such from my reports too.

Like I said, I got a LOT of new trade lines Dec-Jan-Feb.  I want them to all age together so that plan worked out ok (THANK YOU VERY MUCH MYFICO GUIDES!!)

My question today, do I PIF before my statements post or do the creditors like to see posted with the statement then PIF? 

I don't charge more than I would buy with my MAC/ATM anyway so PIF at any time is possible for me but what shows them the best history?  What do they prefer to see?

Specifically I would like to target the best running history while in the garden to gain the strongest track record I can for future success in six months with:

Amazon Chase

BoA

USAA Visa

Sportsmans VISA (comenity)

Goal to add Barclays since they want to see a length of pays to let me in.

Also would like a solid 6mo CLI with PP Smart Connect, American Eagle and another big bump from Lowes (which should just come after a couple large purchases I planned to make anyway cash this spring anyway but now can use the card save an extra 5% and PIF)

So, what's  the best game plan?  Let the statements cut and then PIF the next day or PIF before the statement?

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!!!  YOU'RE THE BEST!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Got credit, in the garden, PIF before statement or let post?

What cards have you acquired this far? AAoA currently if you know? Current amount of inquiries?
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find out how your CC issuer reports. Some report whatever the balance is on the last day of the month. Some will report the statement balance a few days after its cut. Still others will report a $0 balance any time its PIF during the month.

So armed with that knowledge, for optimum scoring at any time, what you will want is for one card to report a balance of <10% of its limit, and all others to report $0 balance. If at any time you can't hit that target for any reason, its not a big issue as UTI% has no lasting effect. The scoring model does not look at previous months UTI, only the current month.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current MyFico Details:

Equifax score 663 as of 2/26/15 (I hate EQ they give -1 for every single thing it seems)

Notes;  Payment history GOOD   Amt of Debt EXCEPTIONAL  Length of History VERY GOOD  Amount of New Credit POOR

TransUnion score 660 as of 2/27/15

Notes:  Payment History:  GOOD   Amt of Debt: EXCEPTIONAL  Length of History:  VERY GOOD   Amount of New Credit POOR

Experian score 683 as of 3/3/15

Notes:  Payment History:  GOOD  Amt of Debt:  EXCEPTIONAL  Length of History:  VERY GOOD  Amount of New Credit:  POOR

This morning:

EXPERIAN direct site:   683 .........5% Usage ......19 inquiries..........Length of History:  Oldest account 20.6 years    Average Age of Accounts 6.7 years

TRANSUNION direct site:  749.......     Usage.......17 inquiries.......Length of History:  Oldest account 20.6 years   Average Age of Accounts 7 years

EQUIFAX    639              6% Usage:      13  Inquiries........Length of History ;  Oldest 20.6 years   AAoA 7 yrs

INQUIRES ALSO INCLUDE NOVEMBER CAR SHOPPING 

Current Accounts are in my signature.   CBs are not yet all showing American Express; BoA; Sportsmans Guide; VS, Pier One, Chase Amazon  and not all CLI are updated yet.

Total Amount of Revolving Credit added since 12/1/14:   $28,100 + nsl Amex and $500 C1 Spark Business

New Car Loan added Nov 2014  ; $27,390

Mortgage History back to 1998

----------------

Currently have 3 collections (Midland and Portfolio) coming off this year;  in the plans to resolve ;  Discover CO direct will pay to try to avoid blacklist ;  2 COs showing that are also the collections.   All drop between now and end of year (except Discover which I will pay in full this month as is only $1k).  So if they don't work with me, I will just ride them out.

2 - Public Records ;  1 tax lien (accountant working to get off)  1 judgement related to a business line after a builder went under and soaked up (Lien was issued in the time my son was killed and I did not address as at that time I really cared less about anything - so will need to look into getting rid of it but if non renew off next feb so for the moment letting it ride til I get past the other items)

Oh an various late pays to start GW but they are OLD.....will work on those after resolving CO/coll stuff.

----------------

Like i said, when I started getting credit extended and then read so much help on this forum, I figured I may as well hit it and get what I could before gardening so they all grow a history while I get rid of the old garbage.

so, in the next six months, these accounts will all age together and I plan to be rid of all the CO/collections in the time they are aging ;  accountant should get rid of IRS lien as those items he has resolved;  then I can see what to do to vacate the judgement after the rest is resolved.

So , there is my past mess and current restart in a nutshell.    

December 13,2014 my score was 568 with no open revolving credit (absolutely ZERO open).  

So, AGAIN SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS FORUM AND THE ACTIVE POSTERS WHO HAVE BECOME GUIDES in my re-entry.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.