Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my "green cards" back ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my "green cards" back ...

... does anyone know what happens now??

I sent RJM a DV for an unpaid account that my MIL opened in MY name and they received it Aug 4. Sent preHIPAAs to the CRAs and they received them between Aug 2-5.

Does that mean that RJM has to stop reporting until they DV? If so, when should I see those *$%#& off my CRs? There is NO way that they can validate the stupid bill, so hopefully, this will be the LAST time I ever have to type their misbegotten name!! Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got my "green cards" back ...

Wonderin wrote:
... does anyone know what happens now??

I sent RJM a DV for an unpaid account that my MIL opened in MY name and they received it Aug 4. Sent preHIPAAs to the CRAs and they received them between Aug 2-5.

Does that mean that RJM has to stop reporting until they DV? If so, when should I see those *$%#& off my CRs? There is NO way that they can validate the stupid bill, so hopefully, this will be the LAST time I ever have to type their misbegotten name!! Smiley Mad

Wait.................................................................................................................. RJM can continue to report. However, they can't call or write to pursue collections.

Good luck. I'd bet they go away. While you wait, you'd might want to prepare a Hallmark "good-bye" card....so long for the memories.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-11-2008 09:01 PM

Message Edited by llecs on 08-11-2008 09:02 PM

Message Edited by llecs on 08-11-2008 09:02 PM
Message 2 of 8
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Wondrin RJM has a collection on my account that was

Paid to the OC almost 7 years ago, I have been fighting and

uphill battle with these guys, I am keeping my fingers crossed

for you

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ilecs! I'm really confused about all of this!

One thing though, I thought that once they're DVed, they have to stop all collection activity **including** reporting to the CRAs?! I thought somewhere, something said that according to the FDCPA, reporting was "collection activity."

Not trying to be argumentative -- I hope you understand that. I think I'm just friggin' desperate to get them off my CRs. So far, the hope that I can get them off my CRs is the ONLY shred of hope that keeps me from durn nigh killing my MIL (she's opened accounts in my name A LOT - this is the LAST one on my CRs from her "rampage").

GRRRR!!! Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Hoping!! I've my fingers, toes ... and eyes crossed for you, too!!

I'm just so sick of seeing them on my CRs. My MIL opened the *&#$% account about 4 years ago (she opened several others, but THOSE I was able to **bleep** in the bud).

I'm so frustrated since it seems like my only two choices are to pay for the stupid account OR throw my MIL to the dogs. Neither of which, of course, will ensure a happy marriage. But if I DO pay the %$&^ thing, I know I'm going to remember that $100 and think about it every time I see my MIL (once a week, at least).

ARRGH!!!

Message Edited by Wonderin on 08-11-2008 10:29 PM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait...question:  doesn't the FDCPA mandate that they cease all collection efforts unless and until they are able to validate the debt? 

Doesn't the FDCPA / FCRA also specify that reporting to a CRA is considered a "collection effort"?  I'm confused...and THOUGHT I had this straightened out in my head!!!  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:
Thank you, Hoping!! I've my fingers, toes ... and eyes crossed for you, too!!

I'm just so sick of seeing them on my CRs. My MIL opened the *&#$% account about 4 years ago (she opened several others, but THOSE I was able to **bleep** in the bud).

I'm so frustrated since it seems like my only two choices are to pay for the stupid account OR throw my MIL to the dogs. Neither of which, of course, will ensure a happy marriage. But if I DO pay the %$&^ thing, I know I'm going to remember that $100 and think about it every time I see my MIL (once a week, at least).

ARRGH!!!

Message Edited by Wonderin on 08-11-2008 10:29 PM

Sounds like a good decision to hand over to DH  Smiley Very Happy  I do find that occasionally I have to recuse myself and tell him "these are YOUR people, YOU get to decide on this one!"  LOL
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reciept of your DV they will mark the CRA "in disputed, reported by subcriber" and will stsy that way until you send a Letter and the CMRR green card to the cra's.

Yes- you are correct. Reporting is collection activity by 2 different court cases and FTC opinion.

Have you letter ready to send the CRA's when 30 days hits.

RJM- is a JDB- they DO NOT HAVE THE VALIDATION
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.