cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got reply from CU, not sure what to say. (UPDATE)

tag
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Re: ThRe: Got reply from CU, not sure what to say.

Check your pm

Message 11 of 15
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Got reply from CU, not sure what to say. (UPDATE)

I went above the original womans head and this is the reply I got.  I just love how they are trying to convince me that paying it is going to do wonders for me (there are a few emails in between telling me it would increase my credit score and a bunch more lies) The only good thing it would help is IF lenders actually looked at it thouroughly and not just my score to see that it was paid which most often doesn't happen.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thank you for contacting me regarding your credit reporting concern.  Upon receipt of your e-mail, a thorough investigation was performed on your VyStar account to ensure it is being correctly reported to the credit bureaus. Our investigation found the account in question is currently being reported to the credit bureaus as a charged-off account as of December 2010, which is what our records reflect and in agreement with your statement below. 

During the course of our review it was identified that you have recently been in contact with xxxxx in our Collections Department and are in process of working out an agreement to repay the account.  In your correspondence to xxxxxxx you requested “…immediate deletion of adverse items (charge off, collection and late payments) from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) once account is paid in full, as well as mark "paid in full" on all credit reporting agencies once full payment has been received.”

xxxxxxxxxx reply to you appropriately reflects that we must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act which mandates we properly report the account’s history and restricts us from deleting accurate information.  However, we are permitted to update this trade to reflect paid in full once that has occurred.  While we cannot remove the trade entirely as requested, it may be helpful to know that previously charged-off accounts now paid in full are generally not viewed as negatively as those never resolved.  Paying this account so we can update it to reflect paid in full may be of benefit to you.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 12 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I went above the original womans head and this is the reply I got.  I just love how they are trying to convince me that paying it is going to do wonders for me (there are a few emails in between telling me it would increase my credit score and a bunch more lies) The only good thing it would help is IF lenders actually looked at it thouroughly and not just my score to see that it was paid which most often doesn't happen.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thank you for contacting me regarding your credit reporting concern.  Upon receipt of your e-mail, a thorough investigation was performed on your VyStar account to ensure it is being correctly reported to the credit bureaus. Our investigation found the account in question is currently being reported to the credit bureaus as a charged-off account as of December 2010, which is what our records reflect and in agreement with your statement below. 

During the course of our review it was identified that you have recently been in contact with xxxxx in our Collections Department and are in process of working out an agreement to repay the account.  In your correspondence to xxxxxxx you requested “…immediate deletion of adverse items (charge off, collection and late payments) from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) once account is paid in full, as well as mark "paid in full" on all credit reporting agencies once full payment has been received.”

xxxxxxxxxx reply to you appropriately reflects that we must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act which mandates we properly report the account’s history and restricts us from deleting accurate information.  However, we are permitted to update this trade to reflect paid in full once that has occurred.  While we cannot remove the trade entirely as requested, it may be helpful to know that previously charged-off accounts now paid in full are generally not viewed as negatively as those never resolved.  Paying this account so we can update it to reflect paid in full may be of benefit to you.

FCRA states they must report accurate information.  It does not say they have to report at all.

Message 13 of 15
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

So that means they can have the account and not even report it, correct? 

I don't know what my next step is from here, that is two seperate people not wanting to work with me.  You would think they would want their money since the debt is three years old now. 

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 14 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, there is nothing that says a creditor MUST report a TL to the CRAs.  Only that if they do it must be accurate.

A lot of creditors take it to mean they have to report.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.