Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got some serious question...

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Got some serious question...

I am in need of some help. These questions might seem stupid, but I really need to know before I address some issues with my CR.  How does the SOL work?  How does DOLA and DOLD affect the dates that an item should fall off? I had disputed some things with EX in the past and I only get letters from them stating that the item has been previously verified and they refuse to investigate.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got some serious question...

SOL goes by the DOLA..you cannot be sued for a debt...within SOL...

Drop of date is 7-7.5 years from...DOFD...

Send the CRA a MOV...if they won't let you investigate...they might have labeled you as...a frivolous disputer...
Message 2 of 6
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

What's an MOV? And is it really possible for them to label me that?  What can I do now?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDub357 wrote:
I am in need of some help. These questions might seem stupid, but I really need to know before I address some issues with my CR.  

How does the SOL work? 

SOL starts counting from DOLA. SOL can be reset(making payment, acknowledging the debt, making payment arrangements, etc varies on state). SOL can also be tolled in certain states. Each state sets the SOL.

You can be sued over a debt at anytime. However, if it is past SOL, if you appear in court and point this out, they lose.

How does DOLA and DOLD affect the dates that an item should fall off?

DOLA doesn't affect this. DOFD does. CRTP is 7 years from DOFD. The 7 year clock begins running 180 days past DOFD. DOFD is set by the OC and can not be changed once the account is in collection/charge off status.

I had disputed some things with EX in the past and I only get letters from them stating that the item has been previously verified and they refuse to investigate.

What kind of things? What were disputing?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

slyhouse08 wrote:
SOL goes by the DOLA..you cannot be sued for a debt...within SOL...

Drop of date is 7-7.5 years from...DOFD...

Send the CRA a MOV...if they won't let you investigate...they might have labeled you as...a frivolous disputer...

I am sure this was just a typo, but this is incorrect. You can be sued at anytime.

When you are within SOL you can not use SOL as your defense to win.

When past SOL you can.

Edited to fix my typo

Message Edited by sidewinder on 06-04-2008 05:56 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes..it was a typo...I meant...out of SOL...sorry EDub357...if I confused you...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.