cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the go-ahead, now some gardening questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the go-ahead, now some gardening questions.

This is a cross-post from Mortgage, might be more appropriate here:

Met with the broker yesterday.  He gave us a pre-approval at 3.675% VA Loan.  This is with a 618 middle mortgage score.  We met with the builder and set up a contracting date.  Today, the myfico app alerted me to a drop.  I owed $128 on a credit card and paid it off, now with 0% utilization.  So now my middle mortgage score is 606.  I need to make sure that goes back up by the time we close.  We have a tentative close of April 15th.  I was thinking of putting about $250 on the card (about 6% utilization) and making the minimum payment until we close.  I think it went down due to the 0% utilization.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got the go-ahead, now some gardening questions.

yeah - you want one card reporting under 10% UTI - so that very well could have been the hit (and maybe the inquiry)

I'd put something on the card and make the min payments - or at least let something report each month......even if you pay it off right after to avoid interest charges.....

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As being in the mortgage industry, you will have a completely new pull in April, when you begin your take out loan for the build. Until then, your lender should not pull again. So you have some time to repair-improve.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As being in the mortgage industry, you will have a completely new pull in April, when you begin your take out loan for the build. Until then, your lender should not pull again. So you have some time to repair-improve.

sorry to hijack here, but what is the going down payments on mortgages now 3%?, 5%? 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

3%

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.