Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got two collections removed. But.....

tag
DeserteRz
Established Member

Got two collections removed. But.....

I have reported two collections on all three credit reported and they where removed from both but Equifax.

Experian and Transunion reported back and it says Outcome: DELETED for both. However Equifax says this:  We verified that this item belongs to you. We have verified that this item has been reported correctly. WHAT??

How is it that Experian and Transunion said the collector could not prove the debt and it was removed from your report but they can prove it to Equifax?

By getting these two off my report it made my Experian score go up over 100 points. I'm not sure about Transunion.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
electra
Established Contributor

Re: Got two collections removed. But.....

I think the next step would be MOV

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DeserteRz wrote:

I have reported two collections on all three credit reported and they where removed from both but Equifax.

Experian and Transunion reported back and it says Outcome: DELETED for both. However Equifax says this:  We verified that this item belongs to you. We have verified that this item has been reported correctly. WHAT??

How is it that Experian and Transunion said the collector could not prove the debt and it was removed from your report but they can prove it to Equifax?

By getting these two off my report it made my Experian score go up over 100 points. I'm not sure about Transunion.

Are they your debts?

Have you sent the CA a DV letter?

Message 3 of 5
DeserteRz
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

@DeserteRz wrote:

Are they your debts?

Have you sent the CA a DV letter?

No I don't know what they are one is Verizon and I have AT&T and the other no idea. I have never dealt with this I'm not 100% sure what a CA or DV is. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

CA = Collection Agency

DV = Debt Validation

I would send the reporting CA a DV letter.  This makes them responsible to verify the debt is in fact yours.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.