cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta say it's a good day! QS card approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta say it's a good day! QS card approval!

I just got approved for my first unsecured card in quite some time! Because of all of you on here with your wisdom and guide nice I've gone from a credit report littered in CO's and collections to Cap1 secured, Cap1 QS, a FH fresh start and all my collections account removed. Mind you, I just started this journey back in the beginning of May.

So do I go for one more card and if so, which one? I have my car loan and student loans all current so I believe that covers the installment portions. You all have been so valuable in this I would be an absolute fool to not ask!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Gotta say it's a good day! QS card approval!

I think the common wisdom is three bank cards secured if necessary/unsecured if possible. If you're a member of a CU, maybe they are a  good place to try. I have Cap One, FNBO and First Progress secured cards. That's the order I value them as well. I was just able to get a Chase Freedom card after about six months with the secured cards, so three worked great for me. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.