cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grats for me - Two years since last late.

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Grats for me - Two years since last late.

I have come a long way.  My scores have improved greatly (despite a higher than ideal UTIL due to RL medical situation with family member).  As I pay down my UTIL (3k this past week), I expect to see scores in the 720-750 range.  This is much higher than my starting scores in the 550's. (June 2012 when I started my rebuild).  Ive eliminated all my collections and only have one negative paid closed account (VERIZON - more on that in another post Smiley Happy ).  These were done by GW and PFD.

Ive managed to remove significant numbers of lates via disputes and GW adjustments.  These adjustments include hard fought battles with Sallie Mae student loans (only 2 lates on these now - One 90 day old that just made 6 years old on one account and one 30 day late that makes 3 years old next month on a different account) and Capital One Auto (removed about 12 lates on this one but still have a string of baddies on this account - last one two years ago). ***See below on question about this***

All in all Ive gone from more than a dozen bad accounts to 4.  Im very happy with the results.  Ive gone from ZERO credit cards to 11 with some nice limits: Cap1 Secured (2k), WF secured (1.5k), Walmart Discover (7.8k), Zync (NPSL), AMEX Delta (6k), Chase Amazon (2.5k), Freedom (1.5k), NFCU Flagship Visa (25k), BCP (8.4k), Discover It (7.8k), Arrival AF version (5k).  I plan on closing my Cap1 and WF secures in May (before 2nd year AF hits) and will be picking up a couple new cards (probably Citi Hilton Reserve, Corporate Charge card and maybe AMEX True Earnings).

Thanks for all the boards help.  Its greatly appreciated.

****Didnt want to start new thread on this but does anyone have any idea how new lenders may view the comment added to my Cap1 Auto finance account?****

Descriptions

• Dispute resolved reported by grantor

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Grats for me - Two years since last late.

Nice job Duncan!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Good job!!! We are all in this together doing the same thingSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Yay! You've been an inspiration...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

WTG BRAVO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

It will be a bit before DH sees 700....his last derog was a 120.  Dec will be two years past.  However, from 555 - 670, most collections gone.

I am now working hippa on one medical.  If it works, I'm going to try the other.

Target granted goodwill.   Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!!!

Good Job Duncann.....it takes time, but it CAN be done.  Time is just the most difficult!!!!

Message 6 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Way to go Dunncanrr!!!!! Very nice job!!!! Doesn't it feel great? Best wishes!!

DaBears

Message 7 of 10
Lexixc
New Contributor

Nice work!

Starting Over (Again) Wish me luck!
Credit Karma:TU 516 EQ 510 05/27/16

June Goals:
1. Set up arrangements for all outstanding debt to pay down or avoid legal action.
2. GW daily.
3. Work on removing judgment.

July Goals:
1. Open Secured Card with USAA.
2. Continue to GW Daily.
3. Letters to paid in full charged off accounts.

But what if I fall?
Oh but dear, what if you fly?
Message 8 of 10
Goodscore81
Regular Contributor

Hi,

How did you get Capital One Auto Finance to remove the string of lates?  If by GW, where did you send the letter(s)?

2700........ 1000........ 500...... 2590...... 2300.....20,110...... 2250...... 2100.......1700..... 1850..... 5000..... 5000..... 2188.....6000....3000
Message 9 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Executive relations. It took about 10 months of fighting with them to get it done and I didn't get all that I thought was due. You have to have some valid reasons for adjustments. I don't think they do straight GW.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.