Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Lakes Goodwill success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Lakes Goodwill success!

I sent Great Lakes a message to remove my 120 day lates and it worked! Here’s the response:

We understand that you are requesting delinquencies reported on your accounts in the past be removed.

Based on the forbearance that was retroactively applied to your accounts, we are able to make an adjustment to the delinquencies reported 06/2013 through 07/2013 and 05/2016 through 06/2016, which are covered by the dates of your back-dated forbearance. We have instructed the following credit bureaus to remove this information from your payment history: Experian, Equifax, TransUnion and Innovis. Hopefully the bureaus will promptly display these changes to your credit files. Each individual agency determines when the adjusted data will display on your credit files.

Please note that this isn't a guarantee that a correctly reported delinquency will be removed in the future. Please continue to make your payments as scheduled each month, or proactively seek options from us anytime you are in need of repayment assistance. This could prevent future negative credit reporting on your student loan accounts.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Donna

Borrower Services Department
Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.
(800) 236-4300 or (608) 246-1700
TTY 711
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Central time
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Great Lakes Goodwill success!

Talk about a lifeline.  Very nice.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

That's great! Congratulations! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 8
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!  Did you snail mail or email a GW letter to Great Lakes?  Did you also have to submit something to get retroactive forbearance?

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I simply logged onto my great lakes account and sent them a message asking them to remove the lates and I explained to them why they were late to begin with. I’m active duty and was is school so I got the forbearance that way
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have to show them proof you were in school at the time because that is the only way they will remove the remarks
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I didn’t have to show anything. I’m pretty sure they can see when you are in school
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just recently got a GW for Great Lakes. I didn't have to provide any proof either.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.