cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Lakes student loan on credit report

tag
DanielleM87

Great Lakes student loan on credit report

Hello, I am new to these forums and have a question about disputing an item on my credit report. This is from my Experian report (it has been less than a year since I received my free report from Equifax and Transunion).

Two items from Great Lakes Higher Education showed up on my report with the status "Claim filed with government."

I did have loans from the Dept. of Ed. that went into default, but I didn't think any of them were with Great Lakes. I consolidated all my loans to get them out of default since the collection agency was giving me a lot of trouble with my rehabilitation program (i.e. not even reporting my rehabilitation agreement to the Dept. of Ed.) When I saw the Great Lakes on my report I used the loan locator to find out if any of my lenders were Great Lakes and none of them were.

I then called Great Lakes to ask what was going on and was told that they had no information or records for me in their system. I would assume that even if my loans were consolidated, that Great Lakes would still have a record of a defaulted loan for me, right?

I disputed the items with Experian and as of today it is still pending. What are the odds that it gets removed? Anyone have a similar situation?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DanielleM87

Re: Great Lakes student loan on credit report

Anyone?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.