Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidance in offer/settle/PFD

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Guidance in offer/settle/PFD

I have 3 unpaid medicals reporting.  1 only shows up on one report.

Tulsa Adjustment Bureau (shows on all three reports)

DOFD 01/2009

Balance $87

I did dispute this one and it verified.

Credit Collections Inc (also AMR)

DOFD 05/2011

Balance $83

Credit Collections Inc (AMR)

DOFD 05/2010

Balance $407

DOFD 07/2009

Balance $0-paid 03/2014

Originally when I spoke to the CA that has the 3 medicals they said they would be deleted as soon as I paid.  However, when I paid they said their policy had changed and they no longer deleted.  The OC refuses to pull these back.

I would like to make an offer on the larger one. The other two are small enough that I can pay them.  I thought about calling the Tulsa Adj and seeing if they would do a PFD but I don't know if I should bother calling or just go the letter route?  Any advice on these?  I've read a lot of the threads but I'm just unsure how to approach.  Are these old enough to make an offer?  Any advice is appreciated!! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Guidance in offer/settle/PFD

I have called and made arrangements because I am too lazy to wait on the letter approach. I rather speak to someone! After you agree to one, a lot of companies can't put anything in writing which is understandable because it goes against some contract they have with CRAs.

Also, even though they said they don't delete anymore, goodwill those companies. Let them get tired of you so they WANT to delete. Good luck. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Shellie wrote:

I have 3 unpaid medicals reporting.  1 only shows up on one report.

Tulsa Adjustment Bureau (shows on all three reports)

DOFD 01/2009

Balance $87

I did dispute this one and it verified.

Ignored by FICO08 scoring

Credit Collections Inc (also AMR)

DOFD 05/2011

Balance $83

Ignored by FICO08 scoring

DOFD 05/2010

Balance $407

Does factor in

DOFD 07/2009

Balance $0-paid 03/2014

Paid, GW it.

Originally when I spoke to the CA that has the 3 medicals they said they would be deleted as soon as I paid.  However, when I paid they said their policy had changed and they no longer deleted.  The OC refuses to pull these back.

I would like to make an offer on the larger one. The other two are small enough that I can pay them.  I thought about calling the Tulsa Adj and seeing if they would do a PFD but I don't know if I should bother calling or just go the letter route?  Any advice on these?  I've read a lot of the threads but I'm just unsure how to approach.  Are these old enough to make an offer?  Any advice is appreciated!! 

Still in SOL for state of OK,  see if they will lump them together and take a lump sum settlement.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

By not factoring in you are only talking about myscore correct? Bc they are still aiding in me not getting credit.

Should I even bother with a phone call?  And what should I start my offer at?

Message 4 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Have you looked at the HIPPA process?  Can't discuss here, but there's plenty of those having success with it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 9
BeautifulBlueBoy
Established Member

You've been told (several times) about trying the HIPPA process, but choose to ignore excellent advice.  Why?  I had about one dozen removed from TU.  All Gone.

Message 6 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Do you mean several times within this thread or in general?  Honestly the HIPPAA process is very intimidating and seems to be very complicated and time consuming.  I have read over it before and feel like it is a "last resort".  I'm glad that you have has success with it.  I may try to use it.  I'm not ignoring anyones advice.  My circumstance likely differs from yours and at this time the HIPPAA process is just something I haven't attempted.   I will read it again and see if I prepared to tackle that method.

Message 7 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

How is it intimidating?  It's a simple hand-written letter, copied.  Write it, mail it......done

All of my dh's removals were from TU. 

Message 8 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I got nothing!  It just overwhelms me when I read thru it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.