Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidance requested...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guidance requested...

I have gotten some great help from this site so far.  Now, I have a question that I need help with.

I have First Premier, HSBC, and Rewards 660 credit cards all reporting as charged off or profit and loss write off.  They are also being reported by the CA.  Can someon give me the guidance as to whom I should deal with first?  Should I settle with the OC, then DV the CA?  Please help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Guidance requested...

Do you know if the debts been sold to a collection company or not?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott,

Thank you for responding.  It indicates on the CR that the debts were sold.

Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Scott,

Thank you for responding.  It indicates on the CR that the debts were sold.

I'd be sending DV letter to all and see if they can verify, from there the only way is to try a PFD if no sucess pay them off and try GW letters.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
CreditBuilder01
Valued Member

Hi,

Do you have the funds to PIF?  If so I would suggest calling First Premier and confirming if they can pull the debt back from the CA, if the debt has in fact been sold ask FP to confirm what CA they sold it to which should match who is trying to collect on your CRR's.  If FP can pull the debt back from the CA then try getting a PFD with FP directly. 

If account has been sent to CA then you can DV and if verified try to negotiate a PFD.  You can not DV the OC (FP) , DV's are used for CA's.  Both the OC and CA can not collect on the same debt.

From experience FP is difficult to work with however there have been a few posts that there has been success, just be diligent and I am sure you to will have a deletion!

Good Luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.