Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide Me? Planning Usage for Best Growth

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guide Me? Planning Usage for Best Growth

Good morning!  So we sprung ahead last night - more daylight!!!!

I'm in the garden!  Getting ready to do some heavy weeding of the old baddies Smiley Wink

Hoping you can direct me in usage to best 'fertilize my seedlings"!!!

Amex still isn't reporting - do I need to let a statement cut with a balance?  Or are they just slow reporting in general?

Now that I have some real credit lines how should I maximize on them to make them happy and also show the best record of paids while I garden?

Specifically, how do I manage reporting for the bigger limits?   Amex PRG - $4k BJs Perks and $9k Total Rewards.   Do I want to let a balance show on each of them?  Every other month alternate.....say March balance shows on Amex, then rpt 0 in April.....BJs balance in April 0 in May.....Total Rewards balance in May ? 

I know I shouldn't show many reporting with a balance ;  however my hubby jumped 34 points when I let 2 cap ones show a balance in Feb and he had a 75 bal on CrOne that now reported 0 and they bumped him after one month from 300-500 just now.

CapOne Statement is the 14th so will now show those at 0 for him and see what it does to go from Bal to 0 this month now.

So kinda confused ; they seem to be raising us by showing usage and carrying a balance......

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Guide Me? Planning Usage for Best Growth

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning!  So we sprung ahead last night - more daylight!!!!

I'm in the garden!  Getting ready to do some heavy weeding of the old baddies Smiley Wink

Hoping you can direct me in usage to best 'fertilize my seedlings"!!!

Amex still isn't reporting - do I need to let a statement cut with a balance?  Or are they just slow reporting in general?  I hear it can take several statements before they post to your CRs.

Now that I have some real credit lines how should I maximize on them to make them happy and also show the best record of paids while I garden? Spend on them wisely and only let 1 report a balance no more than 9% of its CL.

Specifically, how do I manage reporting for the bigger limits?   Amex PRG - $4k BJs Perks and $9k Total Rewards.   Do I want to let a balance show on each of them? See above Every other month alternate.....say March balance shows on Amex, then rpt 0 in April.....BJs balance in April 0 in May.....Total Rewards balance in May ? I like to rotate the card that I let report so all get usage over time.

I know I shouldn't show many reporting with a balance ;  however my hubby jumped 34 points when I let 2 cap ones show a balance in Feb and he had a 75 bal on CrOne that now reported 0 and they bumped him after one month from 300-500 just now.

CapOne Statement is the 14th so will now show those at 0 for him and see what it does to go from Bal to 0 this month now. All revolvers at 0 is a Fico score decrease, its been proven time and time again.

So kinda confused ; they seem to be raising us by showing usage and carrying a balance...... Some like balance carrying others dont, I would not let it be a decision in gaining CLIs or paying interest.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.