Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Guide me to a 750 ++++ please **

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

**Guide me to a 750 ++++ please **

Hello! 

I am 24 years old  (yes, generation broke) just graduated from college  and trying to get on the road to fico success.  I really appreciate any advice or wisdom you have to offer ....

I start working (a paying job)  on Tuesday of this week! 

So heres the 411: 

- My Experian score is 565 :-(

- I have one CO acct: Wells Fargo Visa  $1500 (I may try to  dispute this b/c I got this credit card before I was 18... I went in to WF to open a checking acct and the banker asked me if i wanted to open a credit card. I said no but she told me she was going to open it anyway because I would regret not doing so. She then realized I was not 18 and there for not of legal age to open a checking acct or credit card without my parents so she changed the year of my birthday...)

- I have one acct in collections: (I owe comcast (or i guess owe a CA now) $142 for a modem and old bill)

- I have one loan: US Dept of Education $5,500 (Current)

- I have one hard credit inquiry: Bloomingdales on June 2 2010 

- I have 0 credit cards,  0 cars , 1 t-mobile cell phone (current)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: **Guide me to a 750 ++++ please **

Illegality on their part seems evident.

If the account was opened before your legal age of consent, one telepone call to anyone there in management  should, if they have any brains, cause them to immediately consent to any deletion you request.

I really dont think there is any way of changing your date of birth!   LOL!

They took advantage of a minor.  Dont let them off the hook!

Message 2 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

I'l just mention a couple of things and let others give their opinions. The first thing I would do if you haven't already is pull your credit reports you are entitled by law to receive free once a year at annualcreditreport.com. Go over all 3 carefully and check for any errors. You'd be surprised how often mistakes happen and unless you pull your reports they will never be corrected.

Also may I ask where you got your score? No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an Equifax FICO score but they make it very hard to find.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800, 10/10-813
TU - 10/10-774
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! 

I am 24 years old  (yes, generation broke) just graduated from college  and trying to get on the road to fico success.  I really appreciate any advice or wisdom you have to offer ....

I start working (a paying job)  on Tuesday of this week! 

So heres the 411: 

- My Experian score is 565 :-(

- I have one CO acct: Wells Fargo Visa  $1500 (I may try to  dispute this b/c I got this credit card before I was 18... I went in to WF to open a checking acct and the banker asked me if i wanted to open a credit card. I said no but she told me she was going to open it anyway because I would regret not doing so. She then realized I was not 18 and there for not of legal age to open a checking acct or credit card without my parents so she changed the year of my birthday...)  Well, I don't know about this - you've got to look yourself in the mirror each day.  Obviously you chose to use the card and failed to pay it back.  Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. 

- I have one acct in collections: (I owe comcast (or i guess owe a CA now) $142 for a modem and old bill)  Are you making arrangements to pay this?

- I have one loan: US Dept of Education $5,500 (Current)

- I have one hard credit inquiry: Bloomingdales on June 2 2010 

- I have 0 credit cards,  0 cars , 1 t-mobile cell phone (current)  Is your t-mobile showing up on your credit report?

Aside from clearing up your collections and CO, (hopefully that includes paying them off), it would be great to look at getting a secured bank card.  That will help your FICO jump considerably and you can work on cleaning up your report.  Congrats on your new job!

Oh, and make sure you pull a FICO score.  FAKO scores can be off considerably, and you'll want to know exactly where you stand.  You can pull a FICO score from Equifax or TransUnion here at myfico.com

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

So I got the 565 experian number from freecreditreport.com . A friend suggested I sign up for their score tracker/ alert.  When I login I am transferred to an Experian page where I can see my credit report and fico score. Should I cancel this service ?

I have pulled all 3 credit reports and did not find any mistakes. They all  were accurate and reported the same information.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beamMeUp

- No, my tmobile account is not showing up on my credit reports. However, I did open the acct only 2 months ago.

- I agree with you 100% I do have an obligation to pay the money owed to wells fargo.

- I contacted comcast to see if I could pay the the amount I owed in full in exchange for them puling the acct from the CA. They said no. So I now must contact the CA.

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!

So I got the 565 experian number from freecreditreport.com . A friend suggested I sign up for their score tracker/ alert.  When I login I am transferred to an Experian page where I can see my credit report and fico score. Should I cancel this service ?

I have pulled all 3 credit reports and did not find any mistakes. They all  were accurate and reported the same information.

The score isn't a FICO score. It is a FAKO called a PLUS score. It has zero to do with FICO. One score can go up and the other down, and vice-versa, for the same event. Ignore the score and the advice that goes along with it. However, the report info is fairly legit. Plus, as a subscriber to FCR, you can get unlimited EX reports directly from Experian.com. which comes in handy. IMO, if you are willing to pay for this service, consider creditchecktotal. I think you can get it for the same price at USAA and instead of Experian only, you can get all 3 and pull  a new report daily. Again, ignore those scores too.

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!

Unfortunately none of the scores from FCR are FICO scores. The Experian score you get there is called a Plus score and cannot be compared in any way to a FICO score. As far as I know the reports are accurate but ignore the scores.

I'm glad to hear your reports from annualcreditreport.com are accurate.

Besides FCR you can choose from several monitoring services available out there. Here is a good CMS Guide that might help you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800, 10/10-813
TU - 10/10-774
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.