cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gw letters for late payments on closed accounts?

tag
eeflores3
Valued Member

Gw letters for late payments on closed accounts?

My old mortgage loan is showing one late payment from 2013. The account was paid as agreed. Should I send them a letter for that one late payment?
April 2017 - Transunion: 548; Equifax: 552; Experian: 541
June 2017 - Transunion: 574; Equifax: 576; Experian: 582
 photo CC_zps85h27qka.jpg
 photo nynco_zpssnshgtwy.jpeg
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
miltown81
New Contributor

Re: Gw letters for late payments on closed accounts?

@eeflores3 wrote:
My old mortgage loan is showing one late payment from 2013. The account was paid as agreed. Should I send them a letter for that one late payment?

Short answer, YES. GW letters have an awesome track record of working. You won't know unless you try it....for some paper and a stamp Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 711
Current Score: 819
Goal Score: 820

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gw letters for late payments on closed accounts?

@miltown81 wrote:

@eeflores3 wrote:

Short answer, YES. GW letters have an awesome track record of working. You won't know unless you try it....for some paper and a stamp Smiley Happy

As another poster said yes.

Even though it's paid as agreed that late payment will stay on your payment history section until the 7 year mark. I'm a believer that it will somehow, someway affect your score as long as it's there.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.