Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H&R Accounts

tag
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Re: H&R Accounts

Thanks!  I'll keep pleading my case until the sick of hearing from me!  ;-)

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 11 of 16
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Just an update.  I haven't any luck with H&R, but I dropped an email to the OC yesterday pleading my case.  I got a call this morning from a very nice lady that asked a a few questions. After answering the questions and explaning the situation, she agreed to call H&R and have the accounts removed, so that's 6 collections (all small amounts), dropping off my reports!!!!  I guess the moral of the story is to be persistent and keep trying.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 12 of 16
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Him getting lucky with the AU account removal or someone feeling sorry wasn't the case. With AU accounts you have no legal obligation towards the debt, so it can be removed within the snap of a finger. I had an H&R account removed but I can't remember the exact method I used. I believe I disoutes how it was being reported and it was deleted shortly after.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 13 of 16
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

After just looking at the removed collections tab on credit karma, I believe my debt with H&R just naturally aged off. It would be around 7 years old.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 14 of 16
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

These were paid collection accounts so disputing them wasn't an option.  From everything I've been able to research, my only option in getting them removed early was goodwill.

Message 15 of 16
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

I had success with GW with these guys last year about this time. 

I sent them a snail mail to the address indicated up thread, and then followed up with a phone call a couple of weeks later.

they deleted after the phone call.  I got a letter in the mail from them, indicated they had submitted request for deletion, and poof, it was gone about a week later.

keep trying.  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.