Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAMP Reporting in NJ?

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

HAMP Reporting in NJ?

Does anyone know if there is a special five year limitation on late payments pertaining to mortgages?

For some reason TU removed my first and second mortgage from the TU report a month ago. I love the score bump since this was the only late information on my report.

I was told by the lender (guess who) that the only way to apply for HAMP was to fall behind in payments, and that I had to have the second mortgage lien removed before I could proceed any further. I ended up reaching a settlement with the second mortgage, making a lump sum payment as a balance transfer onto a credit card.

I'm no longer with the original lender, sold off to another servicer once I was just over a year making the modified payments.

Is there some US or NJ statute that I could cite to Experian and Experian to have them do the same, remove both of these previous loans?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: HAMP Reporting in NJ?

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a special five year limitation on late payments pertaining to mortgages?

For some reason TU removed my first and second mortgage from the TU report a month ago. I love the score bump since this was the only late information on my report.

I was told by the lender (guess who) that the only way to apply for HAMP was to fall behind in payments, and that I had to have the second mortgage lien removed before I could proceed any further. I ended up reaching a settlement with the second mortgage, making a lump sum payment as a balance transfer onto a credit card.

I'm no longer with the original lender, sold off to another servicer once I was just over a year making the modified payments.

Is there some US or NJ statute that I could cite to Experian and Experian to have them do the same, remove both of these previous loans?

I'm not aware of anything in NJ that would supersede the FCRA mandated 7year reporting period for late payments.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.