Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HARVARD COLLECTION

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

HARVARD COLLECTION

So I'm still dealing with this really annoying collection. They failed to inform me within five days of reporting, they're reporting another CA as the OC and they failed to include any notes to verify DoFD on my CR but instead are simply reporting when they obtained and reported. I called them and asked for them to validate and they said it was for a medical bill for my son. I told them I wanted a DV letter sent and she agreed. (I never got it and she still called me a week letter stating that she sent it. Another week went by and still no DV. Then I decided to email DV request and a week letter I get a dunning notice (a month after they reported). In the dunning notice, there's no mention of a debt to any medical institution, instead they're listing the OC as another CA. Can they do this? I requested information on the OC not the CA they bought this alleged debt from.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HARVARD COLLECTION

Even if the CA bought the debt, they are not the OC. 

I would write up a nice letter, describing in detail and quoting what portions of the FDCPA they are in violation of and they have failed to validate even after several requests so you are left with no choice but to report them to the FTC, your states AG and the AG of their state.

cc a copy to each of them.

If that doesn't get their attention send them an ITS.  But only do that if you mean it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.