Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ACCOUNT UPDATED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP ACCOUNT UPDATED!!

RECENTLY HAD A REPOSSESSION SCHEDULED TO FALL OFF MAY 2010 TO UPDATE ON CREDIT REPORT. INSTEAD OF REPOSSESSION IN STATUS LINE IT SAYS PAYMENT AFTER CHARGE OFF/COLLECTION ON TRANSUNION.  DATE OF LAST PAYMENT 3/2007. STILL STATES REPOSSESSION ON EQUIFAX BUT AGAIN THE DATE OF LAST PAYMENT UPDATED TO 3/2007 WHICH IS A CHANGE FROM 5/2003. EXPERIAN DELETED TRADELINE WHEN I DISPUTED. ANY SUGGESTIONS AND IS THIS GOING TO MAKE THIS STAY ON MY REPORTS LONGER.?THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT AND OR SUGGESTIONS WITH HOW TO PROCEED FROM HERE. I DO HAVE OLD REPORTS WITH THE CORRECT DATES ON THEM. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HELP ACCOUNT UPDATED!!

See if the DOFD changed.  If it did it was possibly re-aged.  You did not make a payment did you?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

THE DATE OF FIRST DELINQUENCY IS MAY 2003. NO I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT MAKE A PAYMENT!!!

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Ok.  I replied to your PM.  But if the DOFD did not change it should still come off when you thought it would.
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the DOFD on the OC account was 5/2003, and the derog is reported as a CO or CA, the drop off date under FCRA 605(c) for the CO or CA would be 11/2010.

Any payments you have made, any posting dates by the CA, etc. have no relevance to your DOFD with the OC.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-19-2010 07:55 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Robert,

It updated to a payment after charge off/collection from a repossession on TU. It is still listed as a repossession on EQ. All of this is being reported by the OC.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

All of that means jack-zero.

All that matters is your DOFD on the OC account, and no CA can alter that date-certain.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.