cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ..... AFNI's response..what should I do?

tag
Readyforchange
New Contributor

HELP ..... AFNI's response..what should I do?

Thank you for your inquiry.  We have received your dispute and are investigating.  We will contact you in writing with the results.  Additionally, the account will be reported to all 3 major credit reporting agencies as closed and paid in full once a payment of the full balance posts, as we do not exchange credit deletions for payments

I need to get this deleted ASAP!!! Any suggestions? I don't want them to investigate, I want the tradeline deleted!!

Starting Score: EQ-543
Current Score: EQ-622, TU- 619, EX? 10/13/13 EX Lender pull 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP ..... AFNI's response..what should I do?

One of the perils in sending a GW letter is that some dufous will interpret it as a dispute.

Their letter is really silly since it seems to treat it as both a PFD request (which is a form of GW request) and a dispute.

I would call them and make sure they dont report a dispute to the CRA, as that will appear in your CR.

Since they have already indicated that they dont do deletions in exchange for payment, my advice is to try and locate someone in their management chain who has the authority to grant exceptions.  Their first-line personnel have already indicated that is their standard policy, so a vanilla GW is unlikely to be granted.

Message 2 of 6
Readyforchange
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice RobertEG, I will try that next.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Readyforchange wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry.  We have received your dispute and are investigating.  We will contact you in writing with the results.  Additionally, the account will be reported to all 3 major credit reporting agencies as closed and paid in full once a payment of the full balance posts, as we do not exchange credit deletions for payments

I need to get this deleted ASAP!!! Any suggestions? I don't want them to investigate, I want the tradeline deleted!!

This wasn't due to a GW, was it? What did you mail them?

Message 4 of 6
Readyforchange
New Contributor

I emailed a PFD.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd send another PFD, but if you used the template from these forums, I'd adjust it to remove the word "DISPUTE" listed in the first paragraph. I've had OCs/CAs respond like that in the past after sending the PFD from in here. They won't read the letter fully and assume that it is some sort of dispute letter due to the word, despite saying otherwise in the letter.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.