cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Collection Agency Not Responding---Need to fix item ASAP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! Collection Agency Not Responding---Need to fix item ASAP!

I have a $250 item listed as owed on my credit report(last time I checked my credit report, it was less than 2 years ago, when I purchased a house; it wasn't listed then). I contacted all 3 credit bureaus to let them know I have no idea what the charge is for (I always pay my bills on time), and to find out which collection agency I should communicate with. I have since mailed a letter to the collection agency (was sent certified w/ proof of delivery), asking for evidence that the bill is mine (never received any invoices or statements for it) and if it is, whether or not it was paid (it was a medical bill from a local hospital, dated back in 2003. I have gone to that hospital, and still have paperwork from them, including paid invoices. Nothing unpaid! I can't imagine what the $250 is for, definitely not a co-pay or trip to the ER! I had insurance then too. I have not heard back from collections, but I know they received my letter, since I have proof that is was delivered on June 24th. How do I get this item deleted from my credit report??? Thank you!

Message Edited by hannahvxx on 08-04-2008 03:04 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: HELP! Collection Agency Not Responding---Need to fix item ASAP!

If you sent a DV letter and they don't respond within 30 days, mention this and send the receipt to the CRA's instantly.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since this is medical, I would read the link in my signature regarding medical debts.

I would also call the alleged OC and find out what it is for.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.