cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Continental Finance.. & BofA REAGING! Look!!

tag
Amerabian
New Contributor

Re: HELP!! Continental Finance&1stBank of DE.. 3 reports 1 debt! (CR's Inside)

I don't see anything wrong with any of them other than a 3 month difference of when they will be excluded from credit reporting.

Date of Removal from CR:

Continental Finance/First Bank of Delaware: 10/2015

Main Street Aquisitions: 01/2016

Should I ask Main Street Aquisitions to "Verify" the debt or drop the entry? (Since there's an error anyway, it counts to my favor... right?)

FICO Score: 644
NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 21 of 27
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I don't see where it is saying it was ever brought current.  It was opened in 7/08 and the only payment made was 8/08.  It was COd in Feb 2009 which is 180 days after the last (only) payment.

The payment history at the bottom is from 06 and 07, before the account was even opened with the OC,.

Message 22 of 27
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The drop off dates can be wrong.  The OC doesn't report those, the CRA does. 

Message 23 of 27
Amerabian
New Contributor

I really appreciate your effort and taking the time to respond to this thread.. I'm determined to clean up my reports what ever it takes!

I still have to questions,

- Should I give it a shot and ask Main St. Aquisitions to verify the debt? and maybe even Continental Finance too?

I've read somewhere that many credit agencies lose documents over time (especially that CF had a HUGE lawsuit against them a few years ago)..

Maybe they can't verify it.. Is that a good step? a shot in the dark?

- I'm certain I did NOT make payments to bank of America.. The payment time-table does not make sense at all.. 120 day delinqency 3 times in a row, then payments and lates.. Should I write the bank and ask for verification of that information? (I'm sure something will come out of this as I KNOW I DID NOT PAY!).

Here's the mark on my credit report again (shows on all 3 CRs): http://s14.postimage.org/6ymyk8u8v/bofa.jpg

I hate to sound like I'm desperate to spot mistakes, but this is the situation right now: I understand the Continental Finance debt and collections.. but I don't understand why Bank of America's mark shows that funny treadline time-table.. :/

NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 24 of 27
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

OP, check your inbox/PM.
Message 25 of 27
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you don't think either of the 3 are reporting correctly, send each of them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

“This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

►       (If sent to a debt collector, (CA), it might  be beneficial to also include the blurb:

►  “This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt
              validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b).”.
                  (don’t let them just simply sluff it off as a meaningless  DV letter)

“In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

“Identification of the specific information being disputed:
           (specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

“Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or  regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines? Account not  yours? etc.)

“Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include,  as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your
             recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a  showing
               that it appeared in your credit report)

Message 26 of 27
Amerabian
New Contributor

I can't thank you enough guiness56!!

I will do my best with them and I'm determined to challenge them in every way possible.

Now, how can Main Street Acquisition report the total debt $852 something while it was charged off by the OC as $612?

I'm seeing more and more as you guys contribute information but I don't know why the amount increased! :/

NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.