cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*HELP* CreditOne reporting Chargeoff on a current account!

tag
dhrren
Valued Member

*HELP* CreditOne reporting Chargeoff on a current account!

Hi Everyone,

First let me say this site and message board has improved my score vastly!  Thank you all for the tips.  I do appreciate any help in advance.

Story:  One of my rebuilder cards in a CreditOne Platinum I have had for 6 years.  Perfect payment history and I keep it for the AAofA.

In December I recieved an email about a payment and large charge.  Longstory short someone got my card # and bought a computer.  I called CreditOne customer service, they cancelled the card, issued a new one,  They sent me a fraud affidavit,  I filled it out and sent it back.  I kept paying my bill during the process and then on 3/19 I got a letter saying they finished the fraud investigation and that I am not liable for the charge.    (Over the past 45 days I had been paying down my ultization to 7% to give my scores a solid (20-50 points) over 700 so I can buy a truck and go through DCU).

Fast forward to 4/14. and Barclays sends me a credit score update.  I was so excited because I knew my ultization dropped again so my score went up.  WRONG.  It went down 60 points.  I bought all my credit reports and sure enough CreditOne market my old card number as a PAID CHARGE-OFF.  I got on the phone and called all three bureaus to make sure.  Nope.  It was listed as a chargeoff.  So I call CreditOne,  the first agent told me that in my situation marking it as a chargeoff was correct.  I flipped out and got a supervisor.  Then after that dumb as a box of hair guy couldn't help me I found the CreditOne corporate office # and called them.

Since 4/14 I have been talking to a fraud supervisor in Las Vegas.  She has been nice but here is what has occured.   All the while I have done multiple CB disputes.  Experian was cleaned up FAST.  We are all good.  Transunion was cleaned up but in the process they deleted my currently open and paid as agreed account with CreditOne which does lower my score a tad and AAofA.  Equifax oh lord that one......Still has the bad account on it.  I have disputed 3 or 4 times in the past 3 weeks. 

Today:  I called the Fraud Supervisor at CreditOne and she said that as of Friday she resubmitted to Transunion to add the good account and history back on and to remove the bad one from equifax.  She said typically it is 3-5 business days but can take up to 60 blah blah.  I explained to her that I lost a $500 dollar deposit on a new 2014 Ram truck (I did) and that I need it fixed this week.  Any other thoughts?  She did say she would fax me a letter today just in case.

I am BEYOND frustrated.  HELP-Tips are appreciated.  Thank you - Darren

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: *HELP* CreditOne reporting Chargeoff on a current account!

Sue them for the loss of the deposit it is within your rights as you have a major violation of the FCRA here and it has caused you a financial loss. I would also immediately file a complaint with the CFPB. I would also terminate the current account you have with them as soon as it is reporting correctly again..

Message 2 of 6
dhrren
Valued Member

Thank you gdale6. Anyone else have any thoughts as well?
Message 3 of 6
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Most places will want you to file a police report citing the stolen card and a fraud affidavit. I would file the police report anyway and send that to CreditOne and the CRA's.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 6
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Sue them for the loss of the deposit it is within your rights as you have a major violation of the FCRA here and it has caused you a financial loss. I would also immediately file a complaint with the CFPB. I would also terminate the current account you have with them as soon as it is reporting correctly again..

+1.....big time.   I'd go haywire on their blankin blanks.   I'll be freakn thrilled when I close my account with them....I have 6 months left.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 5 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

They would be hearing from my consumer attorney, and PRONTO. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.