cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Explain this credit report factor plus 81 point score increase!

tag
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

HELP! Explain this credit report factor plus 81 point score increase!

Hello,

Dreams do come true!  My EX score went from 589 to 670 in a matter of weeks!!  I'm super excited.  Can't wait to get an amex someday.  Now I'm a little closer Smiley Happy

One of the factors that myfico lists that is hurting my score is :

There is no recent activity on credit cards.

The FICO® Score evaluates the mix of credit cards [?], loans and mortgages on a credit report. Your credit report shows no open credit cards or sufficient recent information about your credit cards. People who demonstrate responsible use of different types of credit are generally less risky to lenders.

But I don't get it because I do have activity and I do let at least 10 percent report each month.  Can someone please explain?? I do have a macys and a VS card that I haven't used in a while but why would this be listed being that my other cards do have activity??

Myfico is reporting my ultilization as 0% but I do have credit cards with balances.  I don't get it.

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP! Explain this credit report factor plus 81 point score increase!

What cards do you have? There is at least one bank (Chase? Barclay? I forget) that will report a $0 balance anytime its payed all the way down during the month, regardless of whats on it at statement cut time. That could be your issue.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW, It continues to amaze me that FICO is so poorly coded that it cannot seem to infer usage from reported payments rather than relying entirely on reported balance. SMH.

Message 3 of 7
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Yea myfico upsets me sometimes Smiley Sad 

I have 3 capital one accounts, 1 best buy mastercard, macys and victoria secret.  I haven't used Macys and VS in a while.  But I still have activity because I use the capital one accounts all the time!

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Let 1 card report a balance of no more than 9% of its CL and I would rotate the card every month that does the reporting to keep them all in the active column.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could just be a 'fall back' reason by myfico - it can't really come up with anything else for that category, so it just blames it on 'unused cards', since most of yours are reporting zero balance

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Could just be a 'fall back' reason by myfico - it can't really come up with anything else for that category, so it just blames it on 'unused cards', since most of yours are reporting zero balance

Yup could be this as well, I remember EX daily pull service if account went past 6 months no reported balance then it was considered inactive for their FAKO Plus Score..

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.