Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Frustrated...

tag
Heatherkins
New Contributor

HELP! Frustrated...

Sent a PFD for a medical account that went into collections. I did not even know I had these fees until I looked at my credit report. It is for $110.00.

Their response was that their information is accurate and that they will report to CA that the account is disputed. Today, my credit score dropped 60 points as it was listed as a collection again.I find it strange that at the bottom of the letter, it lists no name to call just "compliance coordinator."

Thought PFD and GW would help me raise my score...not lower it!

What to do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! Frustrated...

@Heatherkins wrote:

Sent a PFD for a medical account that went into collections. I did not even know I had these fees until I looked at my credit report. It is for $110.00.

Their response was that their information is accurate and that they will report to CA that the account is disputed. Today, my credit score dropped 60 points as it was listed as a collection again.I find it strange that at the bottom of the letter, it lists no name to call just "compliance coordinator."

Thought PFD and GW would help me raise my score...not lower it!

What to do?

Since it is medical I would look up the HIPPA process and follow instructions. Do not contact them again until you have read and understand the process. All information you need is found doing searching online. We do not speak anything more on the HIPPA process in these forums but to let others know there is a way to deal with medical collections and such and all information can be found online.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Per FICO scoring, FICO ignores any dispute comment for all CA and PR accounts. So the dispute wouldn't have any bearing on your score. I'd make sure that the score you have is a FICO and I'd look around on that report to see if anything else changed or updated.

Message 3 of 6
Heatherkins
New Contributor

They CA reported it as a collection.

They hadn't updated it for 2 years....

I sent a PFD to get it removed from my account and it backfired.

Message 4 of 6
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Google HIPPA Process....

Message 5 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I don't see how them updating it could drop your scores like that.  I have a couple of medical (well more than a couple) that when they CA "updates" it doesn't affect my scores at all.

I've disputed it trying to get it removed and when I do they re-report and that in effect, "udpates" it but I'm not seeing score drops from that.

Are you sure something else didn't cause that drop?  If it's been there 2 years I think the impact is getting less and less.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.