Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! HELP! HELP! New member and totally lost

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! HELP! HELP! New member and totally lost

hi am new to this forum and in need of some help with rebuilding my credit. I have manyt medical bills on my credit that i cannot afford to pay at the moment. what can i do about that and the other accounts that are in collections. secondly, how do i get the negative remarks removed from my credit history. Thank you in advance for the help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! New member and totally lost

Welcome to the forum!!!

We'll certainly need more information about your collections. Who are the CAs? How much are your collections? As much as it hurts and embarrassing to admit, it's best to just lay it all out on the table. 

You can google the HIPPA process. But it seems very confusing and recent success is debatable. We also can't discuss this process on the forum. 

The best way to approach it is to have the funds available to pay in full and offer a PFD with the CA. Some CAs are reasonable and may offer a payment plan and delete it when the debt is satisfied. Or you may be able to convince the OC to pull the debt back from the CA and terminate their collection authority on that debt and then pay the OC directly. 

Either way, you have more of a chance for a PFD if you can pay the debt in full. Start with your smallest collection and work your way up. 

Message 2 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Good morning (for me)!

We would need a really good outline what's on your report to start helping and giving advice. Do you mind sharing what's exactly on there? The collections, the amounts, the DOFDs. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late reply. majority of the collections are student loans that have been deffered till am done in school in August. the other ones that have derrogatory remarks are Nordstrom, Bank of America, Macy's has a delinquet payment on there 2 years ago even though it has been paid in full, SLM FINANCIAL CORP for a loan am not sure about, and an installment loan from the university of Phoenix. How do i go about fixing it

PS. these are just the ones on Experian's website. I have a full credit report from the other agencies and am yet to look and figure out who i owe as well. Thanks in advance for the help

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.