Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! HELP! HELP! New member and totally lost

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! HELP! HELP! New member and totally lost

I disputed a claim with Target and Nordstrom and my account says it was updated. Basically it was not approved. what can i do to have the negative remarks removed from my history. Nordstroms account was settled back in 2012 and the i was never late on the target card but i was charge interest on it and i paid that off an closed it. Please I need HELP!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! New member and totally lost

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed a claim with Target and Nordstrom and my account says it was updated. Basically it was not approved. what can i do to have the negative remarks removed from my history. Nordstroms account was settled back in 2012 and the i was never late on the target card but i was charge interest on it and i paid that off an closed it. Please I need HELP!!!!!!!!!

The proper way to request removal of valid credit info is to send the reporting creditor a GW letter asking for forgiveness   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

I dont understand why you are disputing the Target account.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! New member and totally lost

Whatever you were disputing, you were required to have clearly identified how it was inaccurate, and providied some documentation or argument explaining how it was considered to be inaccurate.

If they then verified the accuracy as reported, they have cerfified that they investigated and found no inaccuracy.

There is no formal appeal process from a verification of accuracy.

You can file a new dispute if you provide additional information not previously provided, thus providing new basis for your assertion of inaccuracy.

Absent new information not previsouly submitted, you are not entitled to a new investigation.

REcourse would then be by way of civil action, placing the matter before a court rather than the administrative dispute process.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.