Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! How do I proceed with Rebuilding?

tag
maurita
Valued Member

HELP! How do I proceed with Rebuilding?

Just to make a long story short it has been quite a journey over the last 7-10 years.

I have one of those familiar credit stories. I had excellent credit when I first started.  Ended up

applying for using more credit that I could financially handle.  I've paid off a few of my accounts.

I am now down to the last 5 or 6 accounts which are due to age off within the next 6 months. I however,

requested all 3 credit scores and they are as follows:

Experian: 672

Equifax: 669

Transunion: 588

I thought I was doing pretty good as far as rebuilding my credit however, when I saw the Transunion score it made me sick.

I looked over all 3 credit reports. The only difference is Transunion is reporting one of my accounts in Collections while Experian and Equifax is not.

Question #1: Could that 1 account really have that substantial difference in hurting my score 80-90 points.

Question #2: Do I contact that CA and offer to PFD with the agreement to remove from the 3 credit reports. CA is ASSET ACCEPT. I've read nothing but horror stories concerning this particular CA. Has anyone had a good experience with this company. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Question #3: Should I get a secured card in order to start building some good credit history and if so which company?

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: EX 770 EQ 775 TU 794
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.