cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! I have really bad credit!

tag
AyEmDubb

HELP! I have really bad credit!

I have horrible credit. Absolutely awful.

I was irresponsible for a long time, with my ex. We ran up CCs and just piled up loads of debt. I’ve paid off and gotten a lot removed. However, this is what I have, as of today:

11 INQUIRIES

Capital One, $1165, UNPAID, DROP OFF 3/2017, CC *This shows as a charge off TWICE on another credit report for $500 and $320, separately. Kind of confusing. HSBC Bank, $399, PAID SETTLEMENT, DROP OFF 8/2017, CC

PROGRESSIVE MGMT SYSTEMS, $67, UNPAID, DROP OFF 10/2014, MED BILL

RJM Requisitions, $111, PAID 1/2010, DROP OFF 9/2017, DROP OFF IDK, for some reason it doesn’t state it, BOOK CLUB

WELLS FARGO, $105, UNPAID, Drop OFF IDK, for some reason it doesn’t state it, CC *This shows as a charge off on another credit report

WELLS FARGO, $1222, UNPAID, DROP OFF 9/2019

AT&T West, $246, PAID, Drop OFF IDK, for some reason it doesn’t state it, Internet

Lobel Financial, $0, PAID --- All green on payments except for the last two months but it says PAYS AS AGREED and it says PAID AND CLOSED. $0 BALANCE But it doesn’t say REPO.

My car was actually repossessed… in a very weird way. I was six weeks late, it was taken on a Saturday and my payment was scheduled to come out on that upcoming Wednesday! On Monday, I received a call confirming my payment on Wednesday. When I said my car had been repossessed, they asked me questions like “are you sure?” “did you see them do it?” Long story short, my car was repo’d and I only had 3 more months to go. I couldn’t come up with the money because obviously, I didn’t even have enough to pay my regular payment – I had just gotten my car’s transmission rebuilt so I was super broke. I actually received a check from Lobel for roughly $1100 – they auctioned off my car and got $1100 more than what I owed. SMH.

I obtained another car using roadloans, which, yes, offered me a horrible rate. I think I can get it refinanced with my bank at some point (USAA), though, so I’m not too worried… I just want to improve my credit score first. My roadloans payment history is green and current, I haven’t been late at all.

It’s just – I will be in a better financial state in a few months (way lower rent/bills=more money to pay off stuff) and am trying to tackle my credit report but I don’t know how, really. I thought I’d see if anyone had any feedback I could use before I dig in.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
doc101
Regular Contributor

Re: HELP! I have really bad credit!

Don't despair, you can climb out of this, but it will take some time. Since you are a member of USSA, why not try to obtain a secured card from them as a start. From what I have read from other members, they are very good in helping with the rebuilding process. You should also try to pay some of the small debts off too if possible, then move up to the larger debts.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 5
AyEmDubb

So, there is hope?! I was looking at the secured cards at USAA... I think I'm going to go ahead and get one and just use it for gas. Thank you for the encouragement!
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@AyEmDubb wrote:

I have horrible credit. Absolutely awful.

I was irresponsible for a long time, with my ex. We ran up CCs and just piled up loads of debt. I’ve paid off and gotten a lot removed. However, this is what I have, as of today:

11 INQUIRIES

Capital One, $1165, UNPAID, DROP OFF 3/2017, CC *This shows as a charge off TWICE on another credit report for $500 and $320, separately. Kind of confusing. HSBC Bank, $399, PAID SETTLEMENT, DROP OFF 8/2017, CC

PROGRESSIVE MGMT SYSTEMS, $67, UNPAID, DROP OFF 10/2014, MED BILL

RJM Requisitions, $111, PAID 1/2010, DROP OFF 9/2017, DROP OFF IDK, for some reason it doesn’t state it, BOOK CLUB

WELLS FARGO, $105, UNPAID, Drop OFF IDK, for some reason it doesn’t state it, CC *This shows as a charge off on another credit report

WELLS FARGO, $1222, UNPAID, DROP OFF 9/2019

AT&T West, $246, PAID, Drop OFF IDK, for some reason it doesn’t state it, Internet

Lobel Financial, $0, PAID --- All green on payments except for the last two months but it says PAYS AS AGREED and it says PAID AND CLOSED. $0 BALANCE But it doesn’t say REPO.

My car was actually repossessed… in a very weird way. I was six weeks late, it was taken on a Saturday and my payment was scheduled to come out on that upcoming Wednesday! On Monday, I received a call confirming my payment on Wednesday. When I said my car had been repossessed, they asked me questions like “are you sure?” “did you see them do it?” Long story short, my car was repo’d and I only had 3 more months to go. I couldn’t come up with the money because obviously, I didn’t even have enough to pay my regular payment – I had just gotten my car’s transmission rebuilt so I was super broke. I actually received a check from Lobel for roughly $1100 – they auctioned off my car and got $1100 more than what I owed. SMH.

I obtained another car using roadloans, which, yes, offered me a horrible rate. I think I can get it refinanced with my bank at some point (USAA), though, so I’m not too worried… I just want to improve my credit score first. My roadloans payment history is green and current, I haven’t been late at all.

It’s just – I will be in a better financial state in a few months (way lower rent/bills=more money to pay off stuff) and am trying to tackle my credit report but I don’t know how, really. I thought I’d see if anyone had any feedback I could use before I dig in.

For any collections account you know is yours, offer a PFD.

For any paid debt send GW letters.

Don't argue with the repo TL.  If it is reporting Pays as Agrees, paid and closed, leave it alone.

Do you have any currently in good standing revolving?

Are there collection agencies reporting along with the OC COs?

Message 4 of 5
AyEmDubb

I only have my current auto loan and no CCs. I just applied and am waiting for the USAA secured American Express.

Capital one and Wells Fargo are in collections. .
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.