cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! I just noticed a SERIOUS issue with how Midland reporting on my report.

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

HELP!!! I just noticed a SERIOUS issue with how Midland reporting on my report.

ok, this is going to be long.  I am going to show below how the information on this is reflecting on my experians (1 pulled today direct from Experian site, 1 yesterday via myfico).  At the end I will list my questions, and if after review someone could copy my questions, and add answer I'd sure appreciate it:

*note: DOFD with HSBC (which is the charged off acct Midland bought) was 9-2006. 

Experian from MyFico:

(listed under accounts, not collections)

Opened:  10-2008

Balance: $5893

Past Due: $5893

Loan type: unknown: credit extention, review or collection

Terms: 1 month

Account type: Installment

Status:  seriously past due/assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantors internal collection department

Account holder:  Individual

Industry: Collections-non specific

30 days - 0 times

60 days - 0 times

now pay close attention to this...

90 days: july 13, june 13, may 13..........all the way back to 2011 EXCEPT FOR 2 MONTHS....in June 12 and Nov 12 they show an "ok" which according to the ledger means "ok paid as agreed"....I have NEVER paid these people a dime, nor have spoken with them or anything.

Here is how it appears on Experian pulled direct from Experian site:

Potentially negative closed

Account type:  debt purchase

Balance:  $5893

Past due: $5893

date opened:  10-2008

Account status:  closed

Payment status:  seriously past due date/assigned to attorney, collection agency or credit grantors internal collection department

High balance:  (nothing shown)

limit:  (nothing shown)

terms:  1 month

24 month history

showing a "KD" for last 24 month

questions:

1.  How do 2 Experians differ??  they report different 24 month payment histories, one shows closed and the other doesnt.  1 lists account type as debt purchase, the other as installment.  How can Experian pulled from 2 sources differ so much?

2.  How can this, and can it be, considered Installment?

3.  How can one show closed and no 24 month history, the other under accounts and 90 days late for last 2 years except for 2 (false!) months?

4.  If its closed, how can a past due be showing?

5.   What is up with the 2 2012 "ok"s for payment status?????  again, have never been served, contacted by them and Ihave never paid them!

on 2 of my reports (Equifax and Experian) that $5983 if showing up in the past due section of my credit summary.  Is this being figured into my utilization?

I dont even know how to interpret this, what to do, etc.   I am hoping someone who likes to analyze reportings can break this down for me.  thanks!

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELP!!! I just noticed a SERIOUS issue with how Midland reporting on my report.

Is there a more appropriate forum I should have posted this?

If so, can a mod move it?
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 2 of 24
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

Re: HELP!!! I just noticed a SERIOUS issue with how Midland reporting on my report.

@peepers wrote:

ok, this is going to be long.  I am going to show below how the information on this is reflecting on my experians (1 pulled today direct from Experian site, 1 yesterday via myfico).  At the end I will list my questions, and if after review someone could copy my questions, and add answer I'd sure appreciate it:

*note: DOFD with HSBC (which is the charged off acct Midland bought) was 9-2006. 

If the DOFD of the original tradeline is 9/2006, Midland is obsolete (over 7.5 years old) and past the CRTP. (I am assuming the HSBC CO has been deleted since 3/2013 at the latest.

Message 3 of 24
peepers
Frequent Contributor

My math puts it at 7 years next month. And on my annual free report it removal date isnt until January so the 7.5 rules appears to be in place

Message 4 of 24
peepers
Frequent Contributor

I'd also like to settle as we are applying for a mortgage next spring and I know by it falling off report, it doesnt go away.

As I studied it, something seems off butIm not knowledgeable enough to be sure. Perhaps I have other options if how they are reporting is wrong.

Im really concerned about the random "ok's" in the payment history

Message 5 of 24
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Guiness, DaBears...

You two are needed. I'm too damn tired to think straight today to pick anything apart.

Someone will be on here eventually to help you, and I'll join in later on tonight. (3rd shifter).

Hang tight, keep cool...you'll get your answers.

Message 6 of 24
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

BUMP

Message 7 of 24
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

@peepers wrote:
My math puts it at 7 years next month. And on my annual free report it removal date isnt until January so the 7.5 rules appears to be in place

My bad.. brain fart smh. From my experience, Midland will NOT delete, so you are most likely stuck with it until the min of next month. I would send midland a settlement offer (seriously low-balling) since CRTP is almost up and SOL is up (most states are 4-5 years). Oh and as far as the 90 day lates, from my understanding CA's can't report lates since they are not the OC. The gurus correct me if I am wrong; I am still a novice at this. 

Message 8 of 24
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

Also, I'm willing to bet that if you sent Midland a direct dispute, they would not be able to validate the account, and would delete based on that. Maybe the letter could be something like "this is a notice of direct dispute of the alledged account... i'm am not acknowledging ownership of this debt, but in the spirit of compromise, i would like to offer X dollars..."  Again, Da Bears, Guiness, could chime in on this. 

Message 9 of 24
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

So this is how Midland is reporting.  There shouldn't be a discrepancy in the monthly payments.  Mainly because there shouldn't be any monthly payment posted.  Only the OC can list monthly derogs.  If it's a CA, then they can't figure it into util, only the OC can do that too.  I would pull from annualcreditreport.com just to make sure you're not getting something hinky from a 3rd party reporting.

The KDs are "key derogatories" and seen on EX only.

They must be listing as a "factoring company" or they would not be able to key this in.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.