cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! I just noticed a SERIOUS issue with how Midland reporting on my report.

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP!!! I just noticed a SERIOUS issue with how Midland reporting on my report.

@peepers wrote:
I'd also like to settle as we are applying for a mortgage next spring and I know by it falling off report, it doesnt go away.

As I studied it, something seems off butIm not knowledgeable enough to be sure. Perhaps I have other options if how they are reporting is wrong.

Im really concerned about the random "ok's" in the payment history

When it reaches the CRTP it will be unavailable with a simple pull of your credit.  There are exceptions to the rule, however they are very rarely used.  Then again, the LO could just ask you if you have any unpaid loans.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: HELP!!! I just noticed a SERIOUS issue with how Midland reporting on my report.

Good morning everyone!!!!! +1 @ Shogun 3rd party reporting even from here is not accurate at all. I would pull from www.annualcreditreport.com as its the most accurate and detailed!!!

Message 12 of 24
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone. I referred back to my annual credit reports I pulled in March. All 3 are listed as a factoring company account and showing "past due" amounts of $5800.

I bumped a thread which had an identical situation to mine.

Should this be shown as past due on my reports when I never had an agreement with them?

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 13 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

They can list the past due they just can't list days late

Message 14 of 24
peepers
Frequent Contributor

So if its showing as 90+ days delinquent on some sources of Experians, not on others...... How do I know if its hurting my score

Its showing that way on the one I pull from myfico
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 15 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

myFICO is not accurate when it comes to the layout of your credit report and such others as CK, CS and so on. If your reports from www.annualcreditreport.com does not reflect what is showing on here I wouldn't be concerned. I always pull directly from the CRA's.

Message 16 of 24
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

A CA is allowed to list the "status" of the account from the OC, such as "90 days late".  They are not allowed to post monthly derogatories however.

July 2013 score:

Message 17 of 24
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

OP, think of it this way....

Every time you see a new KD, or (90), it means that the CA has updated it's reporting to the CRAs.

Since the CRTP is near, and if the last reporting date was continual/recent, it's not going to hit your scores each time. However, if it were old, and had a last date of reporting from (example only...2008), then it suddenly updates in 2013, your score will tank, showing a new/recent CA.

Message 18 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I found out a bit of information yesterday.

When you have a CO and it reports that way then starts reporting ok, it does NOT mean a payment was made.  It simply means that there was no data reported for that time and the CRA chooses to put ok vs ND (No data).  The OK is better for your report than an ND.

Message 19 of 24
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I agree.  The OKs are fine, but it's not fine if they report false payments.

July 2013 score:

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.