Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ME... Collection account

tag
polo1985
Valued Member

HELP ME... Collection account

heres the info... Should i call and get the original agency/ company or pay the collection agency? Or can i dispute this because the agency industry is not reported?

I do not know what to do and i really really dont want this on my record and is it possible to get it to not report all together

In 10/1/2012, the collection agency STELLAR RECOVERY INC was hired by creditor Not Reported to collect $212 in debts on account number XXX0509.
Original balance:$212Agency name:STELLAR RECOVERY INC
Current balance:$212Agency number:****i erased this due to reasons***
Status (as of 1/1/2013) :UNPAIDAgency industry:Not Reported
First delinquency:8/1/2011Original creditor:***i erased this due to reasons***
Last payment:Not on Record  
Description:Not Reported

Starting Score: 581
Current Score: EQ 618 TU 595
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HELP ME... Collection account

Was the OC not reported before you edited it?

Agency Industry doesn't mean anything.  Though I have never seen that on a report before.

Where did you get this report?  Have you got your 3 free reports from annualcreditreports.com?

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I presume that the OC has not reported, only the debt collector?

If so, and CR deletion is your goal, then payment to the OC will not require the debt collector to delete their reporting of collection on the debt.

With only the debt collector reporting, a PFD would go to them.

As for any omission or inaccuracy in their reporting, yes, you can always dispute.  However, any party who has furnished information to a CRA always has the option, upon receiving a dispute of the accuracy of their reporting, to correct any inaccuracy.  A dispute will only compel deletion if they state that they cannot verify the accuracy of their reporting or they dont provide verification within the dispute period.  So an inaccuracy is not usually basis for compelling CR deletion.

Industry type is certainly a minor omission that could easily be provided.

Message 3 of 10
polo1985
Valued Member

The OC just had the agency number. I got the report from myFico Score Watch Alert

Message 4 of 10
polo1985
Valued Member

RobertEG so i should just find out the Original Creditor and pay them in full? Would this take the collection off my record or keep my history clean

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, just the opposite.

Paying the OC will not require the debt collector to delete their reporting.  They have/had collection authority, and that is not negated by payment of the debt.

If deletion of the collection is desired, your PFD must go to the party who reported it.

Message 6 of 10
polo1985
Valued Member

Ok so i should basically pay this Stellar company the $212 and negotiate with them to take it off my credit report?

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can try a PFD - you pay them for deleting.  If that doesn't work, you can pay and send GW letters.  They don't have to delete but some CAs have a heart, sometimes, and will.

Have you ever received your 3 free CR from annualcreditreport.com?  They are more accurate than 3rd party sites.

Message 8 of 10
polo1985
Valued Member

thx. yes i already recieved my my free annual report

Message 9 of 10
electra
Established Contributor

I would DV them before PFD.   They listed something on my report with no dunning.  I sent DV next day and within a week or two the collection was off my CR.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.