cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ME PLEASE

tag
hector202

HELP ME PLEASE

Hello all I am new to the forum and trying to improve my score. 

Most of the things on my report I can take care of easily but there are a few  things concerning me. 

First of all I have a credit card opened up in my name and then maxed out in 2012. 

I did not open this account. I fear that someone stole my information and opened it in my name. 

Credit limit of 500  outstanding balance of 475 ish.

How do I fix this?

Also This month it is repporting a previous address in California. There is an address I do not reognize

and I have never even been to california. I fear someone may be using my identity. 

Also I have a tax lien under my name for a business I had started in the amount of 10k or so. 

I started a small company and it quickly folded. I never even did more than 1k in revenue during the entire time I was in business. 

I have a vindictive ex that got my mail from the state and filed fraudulent reportings and now I have a tax lien. 

Worst of she is the one who told me I had the lien before I even knew it existed. It is from 2007

What do i do????

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP ME PLEASE

File a police report attesting that you never authorized this account, and thus it could only exist due to identity theft.  That police report opens the door to your ability to get the information immediately blocked from your CR, and to compel the creditor to provide you documentation of the account.

Send a copy of that police report to the CRA, and they must immediately block that account from your credit report pursuant to FCRA 605A.

Additionally, send a copy of the police report to the creditor, and demand all internal business records in their possession pertaining to the account, pursuant to FCRA 609(e).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.