cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Midland And Pinnacle Violations Maybe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! Midland And Pinnacle Violations Maybe?

Ok so i have two accounts here that are left on my file.  One paid, one unpaid.  The first is pinnacle, paid as requested by mortgage company, the second is midland.  The biggest problem with midland are the dates i bolded i think.  Can anyone spot the violations for me?

Account Number: Status: 
Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit:$560  
Type of Account :OpenCredit Limit: 
Term Duration: Terms Frequency: 
Date Opened:10/2009  Balance:$0  
Date Reported:12/2011 Amount Past Due: 
Date of Last Payment:12/2011 Actual Payment Amount:$560  
Scheduled Payment Amount: Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:05/2011 Months Reviewed:21
Creditor Classification:Financial Activity Designator:N/A
Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Factoring Company Account (debt buyer) 
Date of First Delinquency:07/2007 
Comments:Consumer disputes this account information, 
Paid collection  

MIDLAND

Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit:$433  
Type of Account :OpenCredit Limit: 
Term Duration: Terms Frequency: 
Date Opened:09/2011  Balance:$433  
Date Reported:12/2011 Amount Past Due:$433  
Date of Last Payment: Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount: Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:11/2011 Months Reviewed:1
Creditor Classification: Activity Designator:N/A
Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Factoring Company Account (debt buyer) 
Date of First Delinquency:05/2007 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: HELP! Midland And Pinnacle Violations Maybe?

I am not sure what you think are violations.

Pinnacle reports a zero balance.  That is correct.   It also reports as PAID.   That is correct.

Pinnacle reports the account as open.   That is correct - until the check/payment clears.  Then it should report as "closed".   Watch this one for a month or so and see how it reports/updates.

Pinnacle reports that they are collection agency.   That is correct.  Never seen the term "Factoring Company Account".   But they do say debt buyer, which is a collection agency.

Midland reports that the account is open.   This is correct, especially if there is a balance owed.

Midland reports a balance due.  This is correct.   You did not say that they had been paid.

Midland reports Date Major Delinquency First Reported as 11/2011.   Different companies have different ways of defining major delinquencies.   Most say it is when you are 180 days late.   Did you have 30 day lates, then pay, then miss a payment?

Midland reports first delinquency as 05/2007.   That might have been your first late with the OC.

Will you provide us with more information on the debts, you payment history with the OC, when it was charged off, when it went to collections, etc?

From the appearances, both are reporting correctly.   The only thing that SHOULD change is the Pinnacle Open to a Closed.   And that should change a month after it's been paid (to make sure payment clears).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

both per cell phones, the midland one is not mine, never had tmobile.  the paid debt went bad in august 2007 which the last payment was in July of 07

Message 3 of 7
IOBA
Senior Contributor

With Pinnacle, I wouldn't worry too  much about how it is reporting.  It shows a zero balance and it shows paid.  I would send them GW letters and try to get it removed from your CR.

With Midland, have you DV'd them?   Asked them for proof of original contract and bills?   You will need these things to effectively dispute the account as not yours.  Do some research on the net and see if TMobile was somebody else back in 2007.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV'd them, never sent the request, i used the BBB to get their attention, but they deny ever getting the request.  I followed up with a request for a written and signed contract.  No reply yet.  

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd call T-Mobile and ask for info from them. If satisfied they can't find anything on you and having never done business with T-Mobile, I'd call the police and get a report filed for ID theft. I'd then use that report to get it off.

ETA...and ditto...I don't see any reporting issues or violations.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"Open" signifies the type of account, i.e., the type of credit, and not the current status.

Open credit is credit, such as a utility or cell phone, that is due in full when billed, and does not have a CL that you can revolve around.

An unfortunate use of the same word to designate both type of credit and current status.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.