Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP NEEDED REGARDING COLLECTION AND LATES

tag
IMCUTE2
Contributor

HELP NEEDED REGARDING COLLECTION AND LATES

Hi All,

I'm seeking advice on removing a few bad items on my credit report. My fico scores are ok as I last checked TU 687 down from 705 due to my recent app spree.  I haven't pulled my new EQ yet was a 697 I'm sure this has dropped as well.  My problem I have 1 CA reporting on TU company Asset Acceptance.  Account has been paid in full for several years now.  I've disputed with TU several times and no deletion.  Now under the collection it has been added consumer disputes account.  This is due to fall off in September of 2012.  Should I just wait until then as I will be in gardening mode for awhile now.  Experian has 3 baddies 1. Asset Acceptance 2. Chase which is not reporting any lates on any other report and was reporting as closed due to inactivity until last month when I received the alert.  The problem is I just received a Chase Freedom card on a recon with a credit limit of 3K so I don't understand the change in reporting from them.  3. Triad Financial I've disputed this repeatedly and its also paid in full and has been for some time now but on the website it will not let me dispute at all.  All other credit reports has deleted this from my file except Experian.  This is also due to fall off I don't actually know when this will fall off.  My first late was July 05 but the account closed in 09 $0 balance.  My question regarding this is when will it fall off my report.  Equifax report has 1. Asset Acceptance so my question to the forum is should I try to get these items removed before they are due to fall off all will fall off sometime in 2012.  Chase will fall off on Oct 2012 but this is my longest trade line.  This account was a Providian that went to WAmu then to Chase so no it didn't originate with Chase.  This was the reason they granted me a Chase Freedom on recon.

Thanking everyone in advance.  Without this forum I would have never been approved for all my apps in October.  I'm just trying to get better with time

FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: HELP NEEDED REGARDING COLLECTION AND LATES

@IMCUTE2 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm seeking advice on removing a few bad items on my credit report. My fico scores are ok as I last checked TU 687 down from 705 due to my recent app spree.  I haven't pulled my new EQ yet was a 697 I'm sure this has dropped as well.  My problem I have 1 CA reporting on TU company Asset Acceptance.  Account has been paid in full for several years now.  I've disputed with TU several times and no deletion.  Now under the collection it has been added consumer disputes account.  This is due to fall off in September of 2012.  Should I just wait until then as I will be in gardening mode for awhile now.  Experian has 3 baddies 1. Asset Acceptance  .  2. Chase which is not reporting any lates on any other report and was reporting as closed due to inactivity until last month when I received the alert.  The problem is I just received a Chase Freedom card on a recon with a credit limit of 3K so I don't understand the change in reporting from them.  3. Triad Financial I've disputed this repeatedly and its also paid in full and has been for some time now but on the website it will not let me dispute at all.  All other credit reports has deleted this from my file except Experian.  This is also due to fall off I don't actually know when this will fall off.  My first late was July 05 but the account closed in 09 $0 balance.  My question regarding this is when will it fall off my report.  Equifax report has 1. Asset Acceptance so my question to the forum is should I try to get these items removed before they are due to fall off all will fall off sometime in 2012.  Chase will fall off on Oct 2012 but this is my longest trade line.  This account was a Providian that went to WAmu then to Chase so no it didn't originate with Chase.  This was the reason they granted me a Chase Freedom on recon.

Thanking everyone in advance.  Without this forum I would have never been approved for all my apps in October.  I'm just trying to get better with time

Personally, I would try sending GW letters to all three and see if any of them bite.  It only costs you a stamp and a little time, but could do wonders for your credit score.  Also, don't be discouraged if you don't succeed at first, a lot of us have had to be persistent and send numerous letters to get our results Smiley Wink

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.