Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Need University of Phoenix POC to send GW letter

tag
goal_seeker
New Contributor

HELP: Need University of Phoenix POC to send GW letter

Here is my situation:

I attended UOP in 2006 and wasn't able to complete the course. Subsequently, my account went into default BUT I paid the remaining balance in full.

However, it is hurting my credit score tremendously and I need help in clearing up the derogatory remark on my credit report.

Therefore, can someone please provide me with an email or point of contact to whom I should send a GW addressed to or is their a better way to go about this issue?

Please HELP!!! Thank you in advance...

Here is how it reads on my credit report:

Date Opened:
08/2006

Reported Since:
04/2008

Date of Status:
06/2008

Last Reported:
06/2008

Type:
Installment
Terms:
1 Months

Monthly Payment:
$0

Responsibility:
Individual

Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$1,759

High Balance:
NA
Recent Balance:
NA
Recent Payment:
NA
Account History:
Charge Off as of May 2008, Apr 2008

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
anh2lua
New Contributor

Re: HELP: Need University of Phoenix POC to send GW letter

soemthing like this :-)

2/12/2012

Your name and address

University Of Phoenix

4615 E Elwood St
Phoenix, AZ-850401908
(480) 557-1070

Re: Acct # XXXX

Dear University of Phoenix,

I am writing to you regarding my student loan account #XXXX which I had while I was a student at the University of Phoenix. The purpose of my correspondence is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies.

The reason I could not continue my education and default on this account because of family financial hardship.  (tell your touchy story)

I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by deleting this account from the three credit agencies.  The best we could come up at this time is $1000 to settle this account.  I am hoping to attend school at the University of Phoenix again in the near future.

Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Your name

FICO scores Experian: 693; Equifax: 656; TransUnion: 707

Goal: 700+ on at least two reports
Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Do you have proof this was PIF?  If so, I would send a direct dispute to the UoP. 

Tell them this was PIF and not written off. Then ask if they could delete this item from your CR.

The search function is a very useful tool to use. If you haven't searched the forums yet, here's what I found for you. 

Maybe you can find some contact info or send a private message to the poster, to see if they have any info that can help you.

Search for University of Phoenix. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=+University+of+Phoenix+

Hope this info helpsSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

just an fyi, i have the same thing, and i Paid in Full directly to them, and they reflected i still owe a balance.... 

Soooooo these people are scammers. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.