cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**HELP**Need advice on how best to improve current status!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **HELP**Need advice on how best to improve current status!

I see what your saying. What I'm trying to do is determine whether or not I should send a GW letter to the student loans asking them to remove the late pmts. Mod advises to send them, and you are advising not to send them. From what I can tell from reading several other forum topics is that most people are split on whether they believe or don't believe in sending GW letters. I'm simply wanting to know how I can best approach getting the late pmts off my credit reports.

Message 11 of 14
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Don't get me wrong, I'm a FIRM believer in GW letters and have had good success with credit cards and such using them, but I've been told point blank that they WILL NOT remove any notations from student loans unless I can prove they made a mistake.  Mine are coming up on 7 years this year and they won't even help me out by deleting early.  Any proof I have that they were mailing to the wrong address was left in an attic 1,000 miles away, so I'm stuck.

Heck, it never hurts to try, though!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 12 of 14
randaljon
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae will not budge. That is my experience with them.

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randaljon wrote:

Sallie Mae will not budge. That is my experience with them.

Yeah, I figured that they wouldnt. The thing that sucks the most is that the late payments are from October 2011 and May 2011. They are both 30 day late payments and I know it will take some time for these to lose their significant as far as my Fico score is concerned........

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.