Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

tag
GreenbayLover
Valued Member

HELP! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

So we started on the road toward rebuilding our credit 1 year ago this month.  We started with abysmal scores (497, 506, 512) due in large part to severely late student loan payments (180 days) last June and 2 collection accounts.  Since then, we enlisted the help of a credit repair business (waste of time and money) and basically just have been riding the slow climb to the 600's.  Well 1 year later, the sun has finally begun to shine.  Our scores are finally to the point of being able to apply for a mortgage.  That being said, that's just what we've done.  Since we're building, the lender has agreed to work with us as we bring our mid-score up 8 points from a 612 to a 620.  Our utilization was at 45% when he pulled credit and we've since brought it down to 20% and I plan to bring it down to below 10% within the next week.  

Lo and behold, with the crappiest luck, a collection agency (ProCollect) for an apartment complex that we lived in 2 years ago has decided to send us a dunning letter for $1100.  The stress and anxiety we are feeling is indescribable.  The collection account is NOT showing up on his credit report (*knock on wood) just yet but I'm on pins and needles thinking that it still very well could.  I was up all night reading these boards and various others looking for an answer.  

I NEED ADVICE!!  Do we DV this thing?  Or do I just offer to pay it with a "pay for not reporting" stipulation (if they even accept)?  I've had crappy luck with PFDs, Goodwills, etc. but I really need this to work out and I beg you all to steer me in the right direction.  

(I also want to mention that the home we currently have a contract on is a new construction and not scheduled for completion 'til the beginning of October which is why the mortgage company is agreeing to work with us until he re-runs credit in less than 30 days in hopes that the lower utilization brings our mid to over 620.  We've come so far to go backwards again.  So upsetting!)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.