Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Please...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! Please...

Collection on debt to: Med1 02 Family Eyecare Ps Dr Jacks D

The collection agency "Washingtn Cl" was hired to collect a debt of $96 originally owed to "Med1 02 Family Eyecare Ps Dr Jacks D" on account number "X5355".

Collection agency [?] Original balance [?] Current balance [?] Status [?] Date assigned [?] Date reported [?] Date last active [?] Date paid [?] Date closed [?] Original lender [?] Account number [?] Type of account [?] Account holder [?] Type of credit [?] Payment status [?] Largest past balance [?] Amount past due [?] Account descriptions [?]
Washingtn Cl
$96
$53
Collection account
May 26, 2009
Jul 01, 2010
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Med1 02 Family Eyecare Ps Dr Jacks D
X5355
Not Reported
Individual
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported

I'm getting ready to mail a check to the Collection Agency to pay this off. What is the next step to removing it from my credit report?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HELP! Please...

Once paid the only thing you can do is a good will letter.

I would write them and ask if they will delete if you pay the debt.  Don't send any money until they say yes.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know where I could get maybe like a guide as to what to say in the letter?

Thanks.

Flor

Message 3 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

I'd call the OC first and see if they can pull the account back from the CA and have them delete in exchange for payment.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I will try calling the OC and see what they say...

Thanks for the responses. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Question: Does the goodwill letter go to the collection agency or to the credit company this is showing up on?

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That depends.  If you pay the OC and they won't recall it, it would go to the CA.

If the OC won't accept money, and the CA won't accept a PFD, you need to send it to both of them once paid.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.