Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP REBUILDING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP REBUILDING

Hi I have been watching this forum for about a month now and have picked up tons of useful info. I first learned my credit was terrible after applying for a mortgage in late july. My transunion was 537. So i left the bank determined to fix it.  I signed up for lexington law and they have removed 6 items in the two weeks I have been with them. My credit score is now 613 at transunion. I now have two secured cards. citi($200) and opensky($200). I also have  Kohls($500), Macys($300) and Home Depot($500).  I have gotten all these over the past week when my score rose with the collections dropped off. I also took out a secured loan from my bank ($600).  What else can I do to improve my score. I am still working with lexington law and plan to continue as I still have about 30 collections between all credit bureas. Should I apply for more credit? I have applied for about 15 retail cards and most say 7-10 day response.  Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP REBUILDING

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I have been watching this forum for about a month now and have picked up tons of useful info. I first learned my credit was terrible after applying for a mortgage in late july. My transunion was 537. So i left the bank determined to fix it.  I signed up for lexington law and they have removed 6 items in the two weeks I have been with them. My credit score is now 613 at transunion. I now have two secured cards. citi($200) and opensky($200). I also have  Kohls($500), Macys($300) and Home Depot($500).  I have gotten all these over the past week when my score rose with the collections dropped off. I also took out a secured loan from my bank ($600).  What else can I do to improve my score. I am still working with lexington law and plan to continue as I still have about 30 collections between all credit bureas. Should I apply for more credit? I have applied for about 15 retail cards and most say 7-10 day response.  Thanks for any help.

Stop apping. You have all the accounts you need at this point. Now let them simmer for 6-12 months and then apply for a couple of unsecured cards to replace the secured cards.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP REBUILDING

Thank you, Do I have to use the cards to get a higher credit score or can I can just activate them and leave them alone?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.