cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Raise mort scores for thin profile. Shared Secure?

tag
GA8080
Contributor

HELP! Raise mort scores for thin profile. Shared Secure?

My husband's credit profile is in desperate need of a boost so that we can get a mortgage ASAP. Please see the good bad and ugly below and any advice would be great! Current mort scores are 604/605/606. He has no open installment loans and we were considering opening a shared secure loan following the steps in another thread if you gurus think it will help the mortgage scores. We don't need any other credit right now so if the shared secure would HURT the mortgage scores, please let us know that too! PLEASE help us get to that magical 620 or above so our babies can have a backyard!

Revolving:
1. OPEN Capital one AU: 2200 bal/ 2700 cl at last report. Opened June 2016. Never late. **paid down to $100 bal, will reflect when stmt drops 4/28
2. OPEN Capital One (primary cardholder): $0 bal /300 cl. Opened Feb 2017. ** not yet reflected on reports. Will show when stmt drops 4/28
3. CLOSED Kay AU: Opened 2004. $0 bal/12k cl. Never late. Close in Feb 17 due to inactivity. **should we call to see if they will reactivate?
4: CLOSED Credit one: Opened 2013, charged off 2015. $0 bal, sold to LVNV. **gw twice rejected
5: CLOSED Regions ready advance LOC: opened 2011, closed 2015 due to program ending. $0 bal, 1 30, 1 60 and 1 90 day late ** gw denied several times

Installment:
1. CLOSED Gateway One auto: opened 2012, paid off Jan 2017. $0 bal closed. 12 30 day lates. ** gw letters to remove lates denied. Just sent new gw to delete tradeline since it's paid off and closed now
2-8. CLOSED 7 old Auto loans, all paid and closed from 2003-2006. No lates. These have all fell off of TU, so I expect they will fall off the other 2 any time now.

Collections:
1. LVNV for credit one co: $1400. ** pfd sent today to exec emails
2. Medical $120. Deleted after 1st HIPPA process step from 2 CRAs. Going to follow the rest of the process for the other CRA.

Public Record:
Federal Tax Lien $31k opened 2011. Paid down to $8k now. Paying installment agreement and currently eligible and applied for for the fresh start withdrawal of the IRS would just hurry it up! This will delete from credit reports.

Thank you!!
5 REPLIES 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! Raise mort scores for thin profile. Shared Secure?

You may raise the score enough with what you're doing.  I'm not sure how much AU util affects scores.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 6
GA8080
Contributor

Does anyone have advice on if the shared secured loan would help?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GA8080 wrote:
Does anyone have advice on if the shared secured loan would help?

Yes, it would, since you indicate you have no installment accounts reporting.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say "ASAP" are you meaning in the next month or so?

Message 5 of 6
GA8080
Contributor

Well we have been working on improving our credit for a couple years now with the goal of buying a new home. We want to buy as soon as we possibly can because the market is going up here and with 2 toddlers, we are out of room in our townhouse. With the FL weather as nice as it is now, we are also antsy for a fenced in yard for the kids to play. We currently own (in my name only from before we were married) and have no real timeline but we are super anxious. It's not urgent other than a matter of preference. It is also the perfect time to put our townhome up for sale because of the limited supply/huge demand in our neighborhood. I feel like we are getting sooo close. I've seen other posts suggesting that the benefit of waiting until scores hit new points for better rates may be mitigated by the fact that the rates are expected to climb this year, so I think we are ready to start the process once he hits that 620 mark. Anything above that would be a bonus obviously.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.