Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP !!Stupid EQFX keeps verifying incorrect debt

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: HELP !!Stupid EQFX keeps verifying incorrect debt

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess i don't understand why I have to prove anything. if they can't even prove the DOFD how can they prove anything else? do i need to just send them a full media validation?

On the paper copy of your credit report, it will list a remove by date.  Equifax does NOT do early exclusion.  They remove the prior month.  Ignore the date on collection account.  This means for a DOFD of Oct 2009, they will remove Sept. 2016.  Patience, the report will probably say Oct 2016, but it will be gone after September 1st, 2016.  Every time it updates, it is keeping your score down.  Now, if it is not gone by October 2016, THEN we have a complaint.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to attach a picture of what my credit report looks like but its not working. I have spoken with EQFX and they say it will fall of Sept 2017 but the DOFD is wrong !!!!  I am not sure why you are saying otherwise for a paper copy I don't understand what you are going on about because nothing says OCT 2016 and it should say that! I circled the assigned date and that is what they are trying to say is the DOFD. I had this issue with this same account with experian and when i disputed it they fixed the information to say the correct DOFD and I have already been able to EE  ( I gave proof to EXPN I don't know if EXPN updated the DOFD or if the CA did but I don't know why they are trying to pull this same crap again) Surely EXPN contacted the CA when that dispute was initated? Is that a valid assumption?

Message 12 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to attach a picture of what my credit report looks like but its not working. I have spoken with EQFX and they say it will fall of Sept 2017 but the DOFD is wrong !!!!  I am not sure why you are saying otherwise for a paper copy I don't understand what you are going on about because nothing says OCT 2016 and it should say that! I circled the assigned date and that is what they are trying to say is the DOFD. I had this issue with this same account with experian and when i disputed it they fixed the information to say the correct DOFD and I have already been able to EE  ( I gave proof to EXPN I don't know if EXPN updated the DOFD or if the CA did but I don't know why they are trying to pull this same crap again) Surely EXPN contacted the CA when that dispute was initated? Is that a valid assumption?

The assigned date is irrelevant to a drop off date there is only one date that matters and that is the DoFD set by the OC, the CA must follow the same date. If you have proof of the OCs DoFD give to EQ and if they fail to act then file a complaint with the CFPB. It is very possible that EX contact the reporting CA. Federal law says that a derog COed account remains on file for a max of 7.5 years from the accounts DoFD.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.