cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!! THIS IS WHAT CREDIT CHECK TOTAL IS SHOWING ON MY CREDIT REPORT!

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

HELP!!!!! THIS IS WHAT CREDIT CHECK TOTAL IS SHOWING ON MY CREDIT REPORT!

Hi Everyone.

I was looking at my credit report on Credit Check Total and this is what it is showing.   The account is from an AU account that my ex added me too but I never knew about it until 

I started looking at my credit report.  Needless to say, I have nothing to do with this account and was never issued a card or anything. 

Should I dispute this and have it removed or should I leave it on until I get more history from the 2 new Capital One Cards I opened this month?

The Capital One Cards have not shown up on my credit report as of yet. 

If I have Wells fargo to delete this account, will it hurt or help my score?    It is currently 566 EX  577 EQ  571 TYU

Credit Usage is 102%

Credit Debt is $1219

Total Credit is $1200

Late payments                         6
Time since late                        1 month(s)
Public records                         0
Collection accounts                1

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cakkd
Contributor

Re: HELP!!!!! THIS IS WHAT CREDIT CHECK TOTAL IS SHOWING ON MY CREDIT REPORT!

Dispute it. I can't imagine anything but it helping. By the time the dispute is resolved, your other accounts should show anyway.

Starting scores (June 9,2012): 591(TU), 582(EXP), 591(EQUI)
Current score: 721 (Discover Fico)
Goal scores: 761 across the board
Message 2 of 6
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Hi cakkd.  Thanks for responding.  

Even though the account is showing that there is no missed payments but high utilization, I should still dispute it?

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would get it deleted yesterday.

It is a smoking gun.

The high util is a heavily weighted scoring category that is already hurting by beig maxed.

Maxed-out debt is normal a prelude to delinquencies.

Technically, reporting of an AU to your file is not actually a disputable item, as it does not reflect an inaccuracy.

The consumer is assumed to have consented to reporting of an AU.

You may be able to get it removed by contacting the crediitor and having them delete, or is still on good terms with the ex, have her notfy the creditor to remove you as an AU.

You can dispute with the CRA as "account not mine" as a last resort, but by defination, and AU account is an "account not mine" that is permitted via the AU process to be reported to your credit report.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi cakkd.  Thanks for responding.  

Even though the account is showing that there is no missed payments but high utilization, I should still dispute it?

Call the creditor and have yourself removed from AU status.

Message 5 of 6
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Robert and cakkd.  I am going to call and try and have it removed tomorrow.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.