Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH BOA CHARGE OFF!!!!!!!!!!

tag
dvilc001
Established Member

HELP WITH BOA CHARGE OFF!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pulling my hair out, literally! I don't know what to do anymore. I filed for BK Chapter 7 in 12/2010. Included this account in the bk. was d/c'd on 3/2011. I have disputed the this account 4 times! they keep reporting it as charged off/ bad debt instead of IIB, and the most recent dispute added 4 90+ lates! in 2011!!!!!!!. THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED SINCE 2008, HOW CAN I BE LATE IN 2011?!?!?!?!?!!!!I've called BOA to get this reported, with no luck, I've called the CB's, and they only send investigations, which come back verfied from BOA, which are INCORRECT!. please give me any kind of suggestions here! -____________-

take a look below:

Bk Of Amer Feb, 2012

Status as of Date opened [?] Date of last activity [?] Account Type [?] Account holder [?] Industry
Feb, 2012
Dec, 2005
Sep, 2007
Revolving
Individual
National Credit Card Cos.
Descriptions [?]
  • Account closed at consumer's request

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Bad debt/collection
Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 60 days late 90+ days late
0 times
0 times
4 times (Nov 2011, Jun 2011, May 2011)
Recent payment history [?] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2010 2011 2012
OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKCollectionCollectionOKOKOKOKCollectionOKOK
Legend:Current paidCurrently paid as agreed
 CollectionCollection
Worst Delinquency [?]
Bad debt/collection
The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

Starting Score: 529 as of 3/2011
Current Score: 660 EX, 627 EQ, 643 TU( all a/o 12/17/13)
Goal Score: 700 in 2014

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP WITH BOA CHARGE OFF!!!!!!!!!!

The payment history profile and the statement as to when the last delinquencies occured appear to be contradictory, so there would appear to be basis for correction of your CR.

With the debt discharged in 3/2011, you obviously could not have delinquencies after that date.

If the CO occured prior to the BK discharge of the debt, then they still had the right to charge-off the bad debt, and report that charge-off to the CRA.

Later discharge of the debt, either by way of a BK or their sale to another, would not make the fact of their prior CO inaccurate.  They are currently reporting $0 debt, so that significant factor appears correct.

If you dispute, resolution of the dispute wont necessarily require any CR deletion.  The credtior can always update the information so as to make it correct.  Deletion is only mandated if they cannnot correct or verify its accuracy.  Worth getting corrected, but CR deletion is not the required resolution.

Perhaps the actual delinqencies that they reported occured prior to the BK, and the blurb in your CR only refers to a reporting at a later time of a prior status of the account.

That blurb may be based on a status code rather than the reporting of the actual date of delinquency.  No way of telling from your commerical CR alone.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.